cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering why I received this private message - (cut and Pasting)

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wondering why I received private message - (cut and Pasting below ) could it be a Scam?

Hello,

I would like to open an account with PM. Could you help me with a referal.

Thank you,

Stelian

7 REPLIES 7

BEER

@Dunkman wrote:

@BEER 

Another potential issue of giving your number to a "stranger" online for the Public Mobile promotions/referral is the potential mis-use of your number for the Koodo migration deals.  

In the past, people have used other PM customer's phone number to get the special Koodo migration deals and when the original customer want to get the deal, they were unable to because their number was already used.  Some of the Koodo deals in the past were very popular and offered credits, special deals on LTE speed and potential hardware upgrades.  

Saying that, a lot of people would not turn down the opportunity for the $25 credit...  Smiley Happy

Then why don’t you contact this person and go for it .

@BEER 

Another potential issue of giving your number to a "stranger" online for the Public Mobile promotions/referral is the potential mis-use of your number for the Koodo migration deals.  

In the past, people have used other PM customer's phone number to get the special Koodo migration deals and when the original customer want to get the deal, they were unable to because their number was already used.  Some of the Koodo deals in the past were very popular and offered credits, special deals on LTE speed and potential hardware upgrades.  

Saying that, a lot of people would not turn down the opportunity for the $25 credit...  Smiley Happy

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER  - When I first signed up, I didn't know anyone with PM.  So, I was on the community, and found a few active members and sent out a few PMs asking if they would like to be my referrer.  At the time, there was nothing in it for me...

Yes of course in your case you were just a nice person wanting to help others. But there are others that may have other motives.  See my previous response to ShawnC13

BEER

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Or it could be an opportunity to make $25 and $1/30 days

Yes it could be BUT it still doesn’t make sense to me —-the term BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY may apply here.  One could just go to Walmart    set an account or order a SIM card and do the self activation. There’s a lot of smart dishonest people that may have the skills to obtain info for dishonest purposes. Our PM forum accounts are tied into our  PM accounts by personal email that is also our account login name. Then if someone can hack our password then they would have access to our credit card and personal info. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER  - When I first signed up, I didn't know anyone with PM.  So, I was on the community, and found a few active members and sent out a few PMs asking if they would like to be my referrer.  At the time, there was nothing in it for me...

Beer, it could be an opportunity, as mentioned.  It's up to you if you wish to participate. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Or it could be an opportunity to make $25 and $1/30 days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.