cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this phone work on Public Mobile

rogerrulez
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would anyone know if the Realme C35 will work with Public Mobile ?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

rogerrulez

I think it's at the request of the cell phone service providers. But still, doesn't make sense to have to go to China to get one.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Lack of warranty? I bought mine from a Canadian authorized dealer. But given the fact it's 5 years old now even the extended warranty has long expired. Other than a tiny crack in the SIM card tray it's held up well.

GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 40

I don't recall Samsung Canada distributing dual SIM card devices in Canada. That's why I mentioend a lack of warranty. Asus has done it but it would be extremely rare for Samsung Canada.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Lack of warranty? I bought mine from a Canadian authorized dealer. But given the fact it's 5 years old now even the extended warranty has long expired. Other than a tiny crack in the SIM card tray it's held up well.

GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 40

@darlicious wrote:

@rogerrulez 

I'm dual SIM phone fan myself and have Samsung galaxy A320 that I still use. A great deal on a pixel 3 last year convinced me to purchase it for the camera. If needed I can use the esim when I travel. The quality of Google's camera overode my preference for a dual SIM phone.

It's unfortunate that most of the phone makers who sell phones here won't sell dual SIM card versions. Whether that's at the request of the carrier, or if they somehow think that there's not enough demand for it, this is a bad thing for customers. The issues with have a Samsung device with dual SIM card slots would relate to lack of warranty and often less than ideal LTE band support.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rogerrulez 

Is that a Jerry Seinfeld phone? Lol...

rogerrulez

I would love to get a Pixel but PM does not support esim. I need to have two sims ready at all times. I am seriously thinking about getting the Nothing Phone  !

@rogerrulez 

I'm dual SIM phone fan myself and have Samsung galaxy A320 that I still use. A great deal on a pixel 3 last year convinced me to purchase it for the camera. If needed I can use the esim when I travel. The quality of Google's camera overode my preference for a dual SIM phone.

rogerrulez

Thanks. I'm on their site looking at their phones right now, but dual sim is no. 1 priority for me. I have 2 OnePlus phones now and looking to try a different brand. It's too bad Public Mobile does not support e-sim because I would definitely go after a Google phone then.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rogerrulez 

There are better phones out there in that price point check out swifttronics they have a sale on right now. They have several dual SIM international version phones on sale between $239 and $399.

Or you can go for quality and a single Sim and esim with a an open box Google pixel 4 for only $249.

https://swiftronics.ca/collections/smartphones/products/open-box-google-pixel-4-64gb-128gb-with-6gb-...

Find the phone you want and then check for it on Amazon from the same seller you will usually save the shipping fee and if you live outside of Ontario you will only pay GST on the phone.

@rogerrulez wrote:

Would anyone know if the Realme C35 will work with Public Mobile ?

It would work, but I do not recommend it.  The manufactuer has provided specifications at:  https://www.realme.com/global/realme-c35/specs

If the device that you arleady have or are thinking of gettting ist the same version of the C35, it lacks a very important band 2 for the HSPA network.  This means that phone calls might not work in some locations.  The LTE band support also isn't very good.

Need Help? Let's chat.