cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer the number to a new phone

Hua12345
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do have a public mobile phone which is a very old phone, it doesn’t have any SIM card inside and the phone itself has a number, now this phone is totally died and I need to transfer this number and plan to a new phone( which I can buy a new SIM card and use on the new phone).

is there any instructions I can follow?

if I just need to buy an empty SIM card from public mobile?

and if so, how can I transfer my old public number to this new SIM card?

and is there any limit of the phone that I can use? I used hear that only few brand or specific signal band range phone can use the public mobile.

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow you have a phone that predates sim cards that's old. And I'm surprised that it worked.

You will need to get a new phone and find out if it can take a esim if not then you will need to order a normal sim card. Amazon the cheapest. As long as you get a Canadian model of phone there should not be any problems. There is a black list I think for phone but don't know where it is

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hua12345 

I am surprised that there are no SIM in the old phone because all your account information is in the SIM. You might have to take it apart to find it.

Anyway, what is the make and model of the phone so we can look into it for you?

@Hua12345 wrote:

I do have a public mobile phone which is a very old phone, it doesn’t have any SIM card inside and the phone itself has a number, now this phone is totally died and I need to transfer this number and plan to a new phone( which I can buy a new SIM card and use on the new phone).

Are you current Public Mobile customer?  if your Public Mobile account has been suspended for 90 days, it was auomatically closed.  Also, Public Mobile phones from several years ago were CDMA devices.  Those older devices cannot be used.

Need Help? Let's chat.