cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Light Phone 3 be compatible with PM?

FormerKoodoGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B29, B30, B38, B40, B41, B42, B48, B53, B66, B71, N1, N2, N3, N5, N7, N8, N12, N14, N20, N25, N26, N28, N29, N30, N38, N40, N41, N48, N53, N66, N70, N71, N78

According to their website it will work with Telus and Koodo. What about Public?

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@softech 

I recently purchased and activated a Jethro 4G+ dumbphone...lo and behold...VoLTE works !!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be confortable recommeneding a feature phone to any Public Mobile customer.  New customers won't be able to complete activation without the use of the Public Mobile device app.  For exisiting customers, the Self Serve website can sometimes be so slow that it isn't usable.

I bought it for an older relative and will manage it myself so I used my existing cellphone and PM app to activate that account. Took mere minutes to activate successfully. Hardest part was figuring out how to deal with eversafe. I deleted the phone number so all PM requests for eversafe codes come to the gmail address I provided on acct activation. For a senior to use on an occasional basis it's perfect.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@softech 

I recently purchased and activated a Jethro 4G+ dumbphone...lo and behold...VoLTE works !!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be confortable recommeneding a feature phone to any Public Mobile customer.  New customers won't be able to complete activation without the use of the Public Mobile device app.  For exisiting customers, the Self Serve website can sometimes be so slow that it isn't usable.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@softech 

@hairbag1 , your joy could be rather brief.  When VoLTE first rolled out, I had a umidigi that was working with VoLTE for about a month and then suddenly without warning the phone was placed on the VoLTE blacklist and has been there ever since.  

@hairbag1

i still have some non-whitelisted phones that do not have VoLTE, example.. S21.  

My suggestion is if you can get a hand of the phone, test before your buy.  But remember, even it works today it could stop working tomorrow if it is not on the list. (Same, S21 had couple days VoLTE experience and now back to 3G voice)

@softech 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FormerKoodoGuy the 4G bands work

BUT, the phone is not VoLTE whitelisted on PM, meaning you need to use 3G for voice calls.  But this phone has no 3G. 

So, unless you only need a data phone and do T need voice, avoid this phone on PM

(Telus does not hve as strict VoLTE whitelist that's why the phone could be compatible there)

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@FormerKoodoGuy 

Same network so it should work.

Edit: Good point @softech .

See below @FormerKoodoGuy I forgot about the discriminatory VOLTE whitelist at Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.