cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I still get my autopay discount if there's a balance on my account?

Hishighness420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all, I recently came into a bit of money and I wanted to top up my account enough so that I'm paid up for a full year. I'm just wondering if I do this will I still get the $2 off every month because I'm on autopay or will I not get it because it's not taking the money from my credit card anymore?

Thanks for your time.

6 REPLIES 6

@Hishighness420 

Your question has been answered but @hairbag1 brought up a good point. Technically there are no refunds at public mobile ( or any prepaid provider.) Maybe consider opening a koho account. It's a free online bank that takes 5 minutes to open up and 5  business days to recieve your visa/debit card. They offer 1.3% interest savings rate and a 0.5% cashback. A referral gives you an extra 1% cashback and they are partnered with public mobile so they give you an additional 2% cashback. Anyone you refer gives you another 1% cashback. So to start you would earn 3.5% cashback on your public mobile payments. You could just e-transfer a years worth of pm payments to your koho account and set it and forget it knowing your pm account is now paid for a year.

If that interests you I can send you a list of community members that have koho accounts that you can private message and ask for a referral code.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hishighness420 wrote:

Hello all, I recently came into a bit of money and I wanted to top up my account enough so that I'm paid up for a full year. I'm just wondering if I do this will I still get the $2 off every month because I'm on autopay or will I not get it because it's not taking the money from my credit card anymore?

Thanks for your time.

You will still get the Autopay reward as long as Autopay is enabled.

Rather than pay for a full year in advance...consider manually paying it before next renewal date. Or maybe pay ahead for just 2 renewals.

If you were to find a better plan outside of PM...you might have a difficult time getting any refund, if you paid a year ahead.

Just a thought, of course.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hishighness420 wrote:

Thanks for your time.

@Hishighness420 ,

Leave your credit card registered on Autopay, and you will see that your Available Funds will be reduced by your plan amount each renewal LESS the $2 each time.

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as your credit card is kept active on your account the autopay will go on, or, you could deposit the money on the credit card that is on your account already and le the system take them off each month,

The main one is to keep the credit card registered with your account no matter what,

For being able to enjoy the autopay rewards on your account each month (2$ bonus and the 500MB) you need to keep registerred on your account your credit card for the system to see it and apply the rewards monthly,  so why you paid up for a full year.

How Does It Work?
Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days.

For 90-day plans, you receive a $6 credit every 90 days.

Good Luck

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Hishighness420 wrote:

Thanks for your time.

As long as you have a cc on file and autopay enabled you will still receive the $2 credit each cycle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should still get the autopay reward as long as you have a credit card registered.

Need Help? Let's chat.