cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

Shawn434
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I referred pubic mobile to my friends. Some of them asked about wi-fi calling, and they believe wifi calling feature is very important. Unfortunately, public mobile doesn't support wifi calling at the moment. Is anyone know if PM has a schedule to add wifi calling feature?

11 REPLIES 11

@gpixel wrote:

@Shawn434 

WiFi calling is coming to PM very soon.

they've just leaked some info

@gpixel , where did you see the information leaked? Can you please share the link? I haven’t seen an announcement but I do miss them sometimes! 😔 

what leak?

Shawn434

Hope it comes soon

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Shawn434 

WiFi calling is coming to PM very soon.

they've just leaked some info

@HALIMACS It's also a dependency for US roaming. They seemed to hurry up with it shortly after the US shut down their 3G networks. 

@HALIMACS even 2030 is not that far away for wireless industry, they cannot just turn the switch off.  You see all tier 3 providers are rollling out VoLTE slowly.   

Wait ... so PM is planning for something that might happen by 2030?   😂

The world according to sheytoon : 3G will not be shut down by 2025 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@HALIMACS  I think VoLTE is different from Wifi Calling.  VoLTE will be a needed feature as PM is preparing the sunset for 3G network.  Wifi Calling is a "nice to have" feature only.  I hightly doubt it is even on the plan.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It's good to have hope, @Shawn434 

Awhile back, we never imagined they'd enable VoLTE, however they are slowly doing that.

So i figure wi-fi calling may be in line for consideration ... just not likely anytime soon. 😐

Shawn434

Thanks, Softech. This is such an unfortunate. It may keep lot of potential users away from PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shawn434 

PM is a tier 3 providers and like all the other tier 3 providers, they likely won't have Wifi Calling feature.  Sorry about that

Need Help? Let's chat.