cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my bonus with autpay didn't show up?

mypubmob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I thought if I signed up with autopay, I would get double of my basic 250mb per month.  But it's not showing up and this really made my trip to national park a bit more troublesome because I ran out of data and there was not much wifi available.

Can someone tell me what's the issue here? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mypubmob 

Now that you understand you only get 250mb of data with the $15 plan it does sound as though you normally get along just fine with that amount of data by utilizes wifi whenever possible. However wifi is hard to come by in the bush or on long road trips. When you plan your next trip make a plan for your data usage as well.

You can purchase a $15/1gb data add on. Manually top up your available funds with $15. Go to tbe add ons page. Find and choose the $15/1gb data add on (Canada-wide) by ticking (1) then scroll down and confirm and submit your purchase. All add ons are one time purchases that do not expire (other than 10 day US Roaming add ons) and will supplement your plan data when it runs out. Upon renewal any remaining add on data will roll over....and continue to roll over every 30 days until completely consumed and it will then disappear from your account. This may be the best option for you.

If you are on the points program redeeming points for nearly all add ons come with a 25% to 50% discount. 1gb data add on/10 points=$10 (33% off the regular $15 purchase price.)

Alternatively maybe you are spending a few weeks at the cabin or the cottage or canoeing the Red river.....you can schedule a change plan on next renewal to a larger data* plan like the $40/5gb to cover all of your data needs when away from wifi for long periods of time. You can schedule another change plan on next renewal back to the $15 plan when needed or on the very next renewal.

*It is recommended you do not rely on autopay for account renewal when upgrading your plan rather manually top up your account balance with funds equal to or exceeding the new plan amount.

But the best laid plans.....may mean nothing when you wake up on your first full day on vacation to discover that you not only forgot to enable your data saver and all of your photos synced and got backed up but there was a software update overnight and you are now left with just your autopay bonus for the rest of your holidays?!!

While an added expense you can renew your plan early by manually topping up your account balance and contacting customer support to renew your plan for you. Or throw caution to the wind and top up your account balance with enough funds to cover the $50/10.5gb, $60/15.5gb or $70/20.5gb plan and choose change plan "now" to renew early** so you have plenty of data to watch a movie or two on a rainy day. You can also take advantage of the unlimited US calling minutes that come with those 3 plans and call your girlfriend who is visiting relatives in the US for a month.

**There is no prorating of prepaid plans and $$ rewards or points will be awarded upon the following renewal or credited to the account as per points eligibility.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@mypubmob wrote:

I thought if I signed up with autopay, I would get double of my basic 250mb per month.  But it's not showing up and this really made my trip to national park a bit more troublesome because I ran out of data and there was not much wifi available.

Can someone tell me what's the issue here? Thanks

Was the 250MB there at the time of renewal? Based on wha you were saying, it sounds as if you were using data and used it all up. 250MB is extremely little and could actually be used in less than a minute.  The 250MB data amount not showing as available in your account is an indication that it's all be used.   There is a slight chance that the system didn't properly reset the data counter, so you may wish to check the usage details from the date of yoru last renewal to today's date to see how much Public Mobile says that you have used.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

the $15 plan is 250 MB in total and you get it whether you use autopay or not, any plan above you will get 500MB bonus with autopay. You may want to get an addon for rest of month and then upgrade your plan to at least $25 going forward or be very mindful when you only have 250MB a month

Need Help? Let's chat.