cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this month’s subscription fee increased?

Leo8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to know what the increase is for.

5 REPLIES 5

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe you may be confused about the 19$ plan. The one for old customers is for 1 gig and doesn't change to 21. the one for new customers is 19$  for 30days for 3gig paid every 90 days for a total of 57 or 21 each month. So unless you have a different plan offed to you then the one I can get it shouldn't change.

bim4

Seems like corporate greed

Leo8

Thank you all for explaining the “increase” story. A pease of mind is what I really needed…..

Thanks again🙏

DonnaD16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile has decided to change the reward system to point system.  I have been a customer for a few years and after the rewards I was getting, my $25 plan was $22.60 including tax.  Now it's $28.25.  Apparently we, as customers, were advised of this new billing but it was not made apparent to each of us how it would affect our bill.  Anyway I asked the same question a few weeks ago and it was explained to me in detail.  I am seriously considering leaving and returning to Koodo which is where I left because Public was more affordable.  However, in the meantime you can change your plan effective the next billing to $19 per month for 3 months then it goes up to $21.  Less than the new charge of $25 + tax but still $1 more than with the reward system.  The way the rewards work is you get points for every dollar you spend with add-ons or billing.  Once you accumulate $15 you can apply that to your monthly bill.  Doing the math, it'll take 9-10 months to get the $15 needed to apply to your account since you get points equal to 5% of your bill.  Then you start all over again.

DownEast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your actual subscription has not likely increased, but the cash discounts you previously received have been replaced by the Public Mobile points program effective this month. 

Need Help? Let's chat.