cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t existing customer transfer to the boxing week offer?

StellaZou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Boxing week offer has $34 for 50GB, but when I select change subscription, it doesn’t show up. 

16 REPLIES 16

A-L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM really needs to step up and bridge the difference with lower cost plans. The discrepancy between plans is cause for some serious concern as to how PM is deciding to serve the needs of lower-income/budget minded Canadians. 

The $15 and $25 plans are leaps and bounds behind what these new bundles seem to indicate that PM is capable of providing the community. 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @Chalupa_Batman of course Government can agent anything to force that upon Telcom companies, but a governor needs to know when to stop in a free society.  In this case,  the government is correct to let Telcom to run their operations according to their own policies, according to market and competition 

Please show me where the competition is because I don't see it. Until the CRTC forces the telcos to open up the networks to MVNOs and they actually have to compete with service, this is what we get.

A-L

I'm curious to see if the amount of folks porting makes an impact and forced PM to change the trajectory they seem to be on.

Keiichi

I've had enough of being treated like crap, I'm on $25 for 1GB right now and I'm moving both lines to another carrier and paying $29 for 30GB.  Screw you Public Mobile!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman @hTideGnow 

Good discussion.

there are  benefits and detriments to both increased and decreased oversight, sadly

hi @Chalupa_Batman of course Government can agent anything to force that upon Telcom companies, but a governor needs to know when to stop in a free society.  In this case,  the government is correct to let Telcom to run their operations according to their own policies, according to market and competition 

Hey @hTideGnow 

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

This is a policy within the CRTC. It would be extremely beneficial to amend this to include porting within the same Telco.   

hi @Chalupa_Batman this is not  any ruling by any of  these commissions can control. Switching numbers or not is internal business operations.  Government in a free society cannot and should not get involved with business operations

And promotion plans are marketing, not something these commissions can have their hands on

We all want cheap deals, but does not mean we should ask government to step in of we don't have one.  

But see @HALIMACS where the problem, in my opinion lies is the ruling of the CCTS or the CRTC that allows porting. The rules or laws about porting need to be redone. Allowing those who choose different plans to be able to port the number "internally" sort of speak within the same carrier. This would fix every problem here IMO. Losing Legacy Rewards is a different story. lol

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I agree @StellaZou , that Public Mobile is kicking existing customers to the curb (or telling them to just sit there and shut up) by ONLY offering very enticing plan options to newcomers. 

This demonstrates that Public Mobile is really no different than other mobile service provider.

But in reality, what did we expect?  Every single telecommunications and ISP does this, hanging existing customers out to dry by dangling carrots for NEW subscribers.

What is odd is that this 'policy' seemed to change drastically from Black Friday to Boxing Day deals.  

That is really what feels like the slap in the face.   Especially for the many of us who fielded questions from folks wanting to change their plans and missed the Black Friday deals, and all of us telling them to just wait for Boxing Day / New Years specials --- not so much.  

I understand how you feel @StellaZou However, if you clicked on the link, this person was able to upgrade to a plan that's really good and for new customers on a technicality. It might work for you. Take a peek

Chalupa_Batman_0-1703975208581.png

StellaZou

Oh thanks, and that’s sad cuz I just transferred to this last month, already not a new customer

StellaZou

Oh thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@StellaZou  Because it’s for new activations only not existing customers 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

This offer is only for New Activations Only as you can see by this screen shot. This offer is sadly not available to current customers. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. However, there is nothing stopping you from getting this plan. It would just mean you’d either have to port out your number to another provider, lose your number and start fresh, lose your Legacy Rewards if you have them. Some stuff to consider before starting fresh.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1703974244856.pngChalupa_Batman_1-1703974244862.pngChalupa_Batman_2-1703974244858.png

Read this post. You may have a chance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Boxing-deals/m-p/1119276/highlight/true#M...

Need Help? Let's chat.