cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting a US roaming message?

durangodude
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was recently visiting Sarnia, Ontario (on the border of Michigan), and received a text message from Public Mobile promoting a US roaming option. But my current subscription includes a data package for Canada and the USA. so, #1 why am I getting a roaming text when I am still in Canada; #2 why am I getting a roaming text when my package already covers data, text and calls in Canada and the US?

4 REPLIES 4

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@durangodude your phone must have briefly connected to a U.S. tower which would explain why you received the message. Happened to me this past summer when I was in Niagara Falls (Canadian side). As mentioned by the others, you can ignore this message as it seems to get sent automatically to PM customers when their phones connect to a partner's tower, you will not get charged for roaming regardless if you have a Canada/US plan or not. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@durangodude 

Public Mobile often sends out “promotional” offers to customers. If your not interested then you can just ignore the message.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

just ignore it.  Everyone will get that message , with or without the Canada/US plan or US roaming. That is a default text

Need Help? Let's chat.