cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I am paying much more?!

Feedo90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've been a subscriber with Public Mobile for more than 6 years.

Currently, I am paying 29$ + tax for my Subscription (10 GB of Data 4G) while the new subscriber gets the same plan for only 23$, that's 20 % difference and I can't change to that plan! Is that a new way to reward the loyal customers? even the new points reward program is now less rewarding than before.

The question is Why I am paying much more than a new customer?!

Untitled.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

PXN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That plan is a great deal if you travel to the US with some frequency. This is what drew me to PM in the first place, was sick of gouging by other providers and living close to the border, it became a no-brainer for me.

@Feedo90 wrote:

I've just downloaded the app and tried to change the subscription. Unfortunately, same higher data higher value plans, couldn't find any of those plans available for new customers 😞

The available 1 GB / 19$ plan is definitely not for me.

How's about this plan that is available to existing customers...it's good for use while in Canada AND USA.

plans.png

Feedo90

I've just downloaded the app and tried to change the subscription. Unfortunately, same higher data higher value plans, couldn't find any of those plans available for new customers 😞

The available 1 GB / 19$ plan is definitely not for me.

PXN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In the PM app, choose "Manage Subscription" and then "Change Subscription", you should be able to select any of the available subscriptions. I just switched my subscription to another without any issues this way. I picked to do it on renewal, not sure if you get double billed by making it immediate.

HI @Feedo90 

they are sending sms to invite some subscribers to one of those new activations only plan.   If you don't get it this time, maybe they will send you next time

Feedo90

Actually, I can't even get the same plan with 40 GB upgrade from 10 GB that I have. Even this one is reserved for new customers!

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM has those good plans to attract new customers, the existing customers has no value for their business.

Either accept that or port to another provider, then you can port back to PM as a new customer and get those plans.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Feedo90 

indeed, Public Mobile has been screwing it to their most loyal customers over the past few months.

First, they remove the legacy loyalty program and replace it with public points one.

To add insult to injury, 1-2 days before the change, they removed the loyalty conversion from the legacy to the public points so that none of us got that bonus that everyone else got who switched over.

Now their plan offerings are heavily weighted toward the higher data, higher value plans, unless you’re a new subscriber.

The best you can do is check the announcements once in awhile to see when they have limited time offering of lower price plans with higher allotments. But be aware, these offerings don’t stick around for long, so you’re best advised to check the announcements every few days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/bd-p/Announcements

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Feedo90  

You must be in Quebec.  The rest of the provinces do not have the $23 10GB available as a choice. 

PM will always try to encourage their existing customers from downgrading to a cheaper plan. That is probably why the $23 plan is not available to you. However, you should be able to change from your current $29 10 GB plan to the 40 GB plan. PM does not mine giving you more data which you probably cannot use as long as you keep paying the same price or more. Good luck.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Feedo90 

most cell providers offer deals to attract new clients. Keep watching as occasionally PM has some offers for us old clients as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.