cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading a subscription plan

ChristaM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I go into my account and try to change my subscription it only shows me upgraded plans (ones that cost more than I'm currently paying).  I can see that there are downgraded plans available on the website but these don't show up for options for me to select.  Am I not able to easily downgrade my subscription plan? 

5 REPLIES 5

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ChristaM 

Unfortunately, you may not be able to downgrade, some customers on $34 or higher plans may able to able to downgrade only to $29 10 GB, but majority of the existing customers can’t downgrade.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ChristaM keep checking in your PM app every so often, like every few weeks or so as PM changes up the plans on offer. Just remember, if you make a change to select "Change on renewal" otherwise "Change now" will bill you immediately and you will lose any days you had remaining on your current plan, unless you only have like a few days left that you don't mind losing.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ChristaM 

Did you check via website or App?  Some customers found different potential plan choices using the App.  

Going forward, Public mobile is offering existing customers personalized different plan options in their self service account.  Most of the plans offered are likely going to be more expensive that the plan you are on.

It might not be easy to downgrade your subscription unfortunately. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@ChristaM  Most of the plans below the $34 one are for new activations only.  There was a $19 for 1GB at 4G speed until recently but may not be available to you in which case I think the $29 for 10GB plan is the only one available unless your current plan is higher than that.  Basically if it doesn't show in your account as an option it is not available to you.  

ChristaM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I go into my account and try to change my subscription it only shows me upgraded plans (ones that cost more than I'm currently paying).  I can see that there are downgraded plans available on the website but these don't show up for options for me to select.  Am I not able to easily downgrade my subscription plan? 

Need Help? Let's chat.