cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I Left PM

ReallyPissedOff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've was with PM for close to 6 years, but decided to port out to another provider earlier this month.

I did this for a few reasons...

I got an unbelievable deal, I'm getting unlimited CDN calling and 9GB of 3G speed data followed by unlimited 128kbps data for $25 per month for 6 months.

Access to an app to manage my account.

Wifi calling app.

The ability to call and speak to a customer service agent.

Telus either needs to change the way they operate PM to be more competitive or kill it off.

I had 2 numbers with PM and now both are with other providers. 

13 REPLIES 13

jkmatthie

I feel like this is one of those "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" scenarios?

Honestly, while you can't talk to someone in person, the Public Mobile community has to me, already been one of the most helpful I've ever seen. Ask, and you shall receive the information you need. Someone is always willing to offer insight. Certainly, given the financial climate for many these days, I will always thumbs up more affordable plans to more versatile features and services, but... I've always been able to stay within my budget using Public Mobile, and they seem very modern. I have had no connection issues with hot-spotting to my laptop using my 4G plan, and the recent increase to 15gb up from only 4gb was a literally such a Godsend this month. I for one won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. Also of note: With the new iteration of a points system, perhaps there's actually something to be said about customer loyalty. I can only imagine it will become that much better over time. But for now, the plans seem pretty competitive to me.

ReallyPissedOff

Who knows where the ondustry will be in 6 months.  I'll just shop for the best deal.

ReallyPissedOff

Enough to make me shop for a different provider. 🙂

ReallyPissedOff

Who's angry?

I was happy with PM until I got a deal that I couldn't refuse.  That being said, PM is falling behind the other providers and needs to modify their business model to remain relevant. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it wasn't for the grandfathered rewards program and the 5GB plan for $35 (usually under $30 with rewards applied) with bonus 2 GB included I would of left PM. If PM comes out with a $45 10 GB 4G speed promo plan, I would jump to that immediately! I feel paying $55 for 20 GB is a bit too much! 😅 

@CountyDownIeUk- Yup. If I wasn't running a balance I would be seriously looking at other options.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@ReallyPissedOff 

One needs to make decisions on what best suits them. I hope the deal you received continues for you. 

I totally agree with what you say ....Telus either needs to change the way they operate PM”.....while PM does their upgrades, PM continues to progressively lose trust with their existing customers (you can see in underlying comments in many posts) while under the current style of mis management. 

lol true story - I am sure it will be hiked up significantly. Even if it isn't, prob a safe bet to expect an increase sooner than later as they are apt to do.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Voice over LTE too. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

This is good deal if you need data.

What will be price After 6 months? Same data allowance?

Some people take advantage of different promos and go through process of opening new/cancelling old accounts and porting numbers. It all depends what you need. People with lowest plan PM which suit their need will hardly switch provider as there is no better deal particularly if they have few rewards that lowers their bill.

You might be back in a year or so 🙂 Good luck!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ReallyPissedOff   is that Lucky or Chatr or Freedom?

the 128kbps after is definitely good

but how much is the plan after 6 months?  $30 or $35?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ReallyPissedOff , no need to go away angry.  Such is the nature of competition, no one service provider is suitable for everyone.  If your tastes have changed and you find better elsewhere go for it.  I would do the same.  It will be interesting to see what happens after the 6 month honeymoon.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ReallyPissedOff ok good luck!! 🙄

Need Help? Let's chat.