cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Certain Numbers Not Included In Unlimited Provincial Talk

supergenallstar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please explain why some numbers I cannot call, when the Plan I paid for is Unlimited Provincial Talk. I cannot reach my next-door neighbour nor my best friend's cel !?!

Also, please explain what exactly is included in "International Text". Maybe I don't need it. What must I Add On in order to send picture texts within the province?

Thx!

3 REPLIES 3

@krazykiwi wrote:

@supergenallstar wrote:

Please explain why some numbers I cannot call, when the Plan I paid for is Unlimited Provincial Talk. I cannot reach my next-door neighbour nor my best friend's cel !?!

Also, please explain what exactly is included in "International Text". Maybe I don't need it. What must I Add On in order to send picture texts within the province?

Thx!

There may be many reasons for not being able to contact certain numbers with province wide calling.

- their area codes are from out of province,

- you are close to a border with another province and it recognizes the number as being in another province,

- you are near a border and the cell tower may be in another province, hence sometimes it may think you are in the other province.

International text is just how it sounds, you can send a text to any number in the world that can receive text.

Picture text is called MMS, you can send it like a text but you must have data turned on, even though it does count towards your data usage.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Re: not needing the text part of the plan: Be aware that any text function is disabled and that you will not be able to receive text messages (SMS and MMS) if you don't have "international texts" as part of your plan.

If you are building your own plan (instead of choosing a ready made one) you will find that with most options adding the text feature as the third option to talk and data actually makes the plan cheaper due to bigger discounts for three choices.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@supergenallstar wrote:

Thx!

There may be many reasons for not being able to contact certain numbers with province wide calling.

- their area codes are from out of province,

- you are close to a border with another province and it recognizes the number as being in another province,

- you are near a border and the cell tower may be in another province, hence sometimes it may think you are in the other province.

International text is just how it sounds, you can send a text to any number in the world that can receive text.

Picture text is called MMS, you can send it like a text but you must have data turned on, even though it does count towards your data usage.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@supergenallstar

I'm not sure why you aren't able to get through to your next door neighbour and your friend's cell phone number. If you contact a Moderator they may be able to more specifcally answer that one. You can contact them privately in regards to your specific numbers that don't work as explained here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

However we could also tag the @CS_Agent here so they could chime in as to why these provincial numbers wouldn't work within a Province wide calling plan.

As for the International texting there is a previous thread here that mentions that there is no specific list of countries included if that was what you were seeking for.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-countries-are-included-in-Internat... 

Need Help? Let's chat.