cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription plans

SofiiaSj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please advise what subscription plans are included unlimited data with the limited speed after exceeding tariff's data? didn't find an information in the plan descriptions. Currently I'm on 4g plan and unfortunately it doesn't have throttled data

9 REPLIES 9

SofiiaSj

I'm not lucky 🙂 But my plan also had 1 footnote that claims unlimited data at reduced speed when I bought it. But seems like only one plan that have unlimited data inside description provides this feature 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SofiiaSj 

yes, talk will be sufficient with 512

and yes, they use a blanket T&C to cover all conditions for the different plans, you need to match them with the correct subscripts

SofiiaSj

Even 256kbit allows to talk via WhatsApp. The misleading thing that all plans have "1" footnote that claims 512 kbit speed after exceeding plan data. So I thought that all plans with 1 footnote have unlimited throttled data, but I was wrong 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SofiiaSj 

5G Canadian only plans (not Canada-US plans)  have unlimited throltted data

but the 512kbps is so slow, not very useful I think

@SofiiaSj wrote:

It's reduced to 512kbit, but there is no information about plans with this feature

Take a look at this plan which includes unlimited throttled data as an example, the inclusions for the plan are clearly listed.  Generally, all plans have the same talk/text and calling features.  It is the data bucket size that is the differentiator.  So far it has only been 5G speed plans that do not include US roaming which offer unlimited throttled data.  

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed14

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SofiiaSj 

4G plans do not have unlimited 512kb data

if you have a 4G plan and has it, consider you are lucky

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Based on the "Shop" list of plans to choose from I'm only seeing one with unlimited data and it's the 50 GB plan

SofiiaSj

It's reduced to 512kbit, but there is no information about plans with this feature

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @SofiiaSj, the only one I'm aware of is the $34 plan that includes 50 GB at 5G and then the speed gets reduced but doesn't really say by how much. Please note that there are 2 $34 plans with 50 GB, the difference is that one is not "unlimited" data but can be used in Canada and the US, the 2nd one has the unlimited data but is not including the US for free roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.