cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which plan offers unlimited Canada wide Talking?

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been looking carefully but couldn’t see any plan which offers unlimited Canadawide talking. Could anyone give me the link if there is any ? Thanks a lot 

15 REPLIES 15

@wetcoaster What can I say? I bow before a greater thread tracker. 🚀

So his/her target price is $38 - $40/30 days for 2 GB data. As you have pointed out there is no current offer that meets that specification for Canada wide calling. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@Farjy Sorry, I did not read the thead completely and have just noticed you said you are just looking for some data. If so, you are allowed to purchase the data add-ons. They only expire after you have used all the data, even if that is several months; 1 GB costs $30.

@Luddite

No intentions to interfere here, but this is what I based my advice on: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Ridiculous-telephone-customer-service/m-p...

Edit: and this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Ridiculous-telephone-customer-service/m-p...

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Luddite

Thanks for clarifying this - I wasn't aware of that quirk.

Welcome to Public Mobile, home to quirks but only invisible quarks. Gandalf.jpg

@Farjy Sorry, I did not read the thead completely and have just noticed you said you are just looking for some data. If so, you are allowed to purchase the data add-ons. They only expire after you have used all the data, even if that is several months; 1 GB costs $30.

@Luddite

Thanks for clarifying this - I wasn't aware of that quirk.

@wetcoaster FYI: Legacy/Pioneer customers cannot see the plan builder. When they click Change Plan they are told to dial 611 for the reason you mentioned.

Screenshot-2017-12-16-12.12.jpg

This is how the plan builder looks in your self serve account.

Having said that... I think if you are switching from your legacy plan to an in-market plan it has to go through phone support *611. Main reason for this is that they can be assured that you understand that you'll be loosing the phone support by switching.

@Farjy wrote:

So complicated!! I wasn’t regular in this forum so it a bit difficult for me to understand all this that’s why I might ask same questions couple of times , sorry dont take it otherwise. I really love my old plan but only missing data that’s why taking my time to overview everything before taking any step! From my understanding I just have to add 5$ for my new plan that’s it ?

If you are sure you are using more than 400 Canada wide minutes per 90 days (or live close to a provincial border) you'd go into the plan selector and you would choose the "Canada wide talk" tab instead of "province wide".

Farjy

Thanks bro , I really appreciate your help, I am not regular in this forum , never checked well before what’s coming what’s going on here , that’s why I might ask same questions twice so don’t take it otherwise. I can’t afford to pay a lot but I like my old plan that’s why I bought an unlocked iPhone with full price just to stay with them. That’s why considering so many things before I change my plan . Thanks a lot. I will look on it. 

Farjy

So complicated!! I wasn’t regular in this forum so it a bit difficult for me to understand all this that’s why I might ask same questions couple of times , sorry dont take it otherwise. I really love my old plan but only missing data that’s why taking my time to overview everything before taking any step! From my understanding I just have to add 5$ for my new plan that’s it ?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Farjy

All good answers here.

I have reacted to your posts in yesterday's thread... (Very simply put, in my personal opinion in your situation you can save a chunk of money (that you can put towards data) by going with a province wide plan and using add-on LD minutes.)

Depends a bit on the plan selection; sometimes $5/30 days, other times $10. Just look at calling only to see $10.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Farjy,

You just have to pay $5 more per 30 days or $15 for 90 days for the Canada-wide calling feature.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile plans are all build your own.  During activation, you get to select 30 or 90 day duration, selection of calling, text and data features.  For calling, options include no calling, province wide and Canada wide.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go to: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Just make sure to click on the "Canada-Wide" or "Canada-Wide and to the U.S." options under "Unlimited Talk".

Need Help? Let's chat.