cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does one find their PIN?

Fisher77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I asked this question to a moderator, but never got a response.  I'm already verified by filling out other info.

The quickest way to get verified was to enter my PIN.  The problem is, I never got a PIN.  I bought the sim on Ebay.  The seller gave me the account number and temp phone number.  I ported my phone and set up an account.  Not once was I asked for (or given) a PIN.

Where would I find this PIN?  The only PIN I have is from my Koodo account which I ported in.

7 REPLIES 7

Fisher77

Yeah, I was never texted a PIN when I put the sim in.

Thinking about this, I'm realizing this is pretty insecure since the first form of verification involved account number and PIN.  Not that I would expect him to, but the Ebay seller could theoretically take over my account through contact with the moderators.

I'll message them again and ask them to change my PIN.

Thanks to all who responded.  I think I bravoed you all.

@Fisher77 wrote:

That makes sense.  It was "pre-activated", so they would have the PIN.

Do I need to worry that they have the PIN and I don't?

I trust the seller...

Unless the seller inserted the sim into a device previously, you would have received the PIN the very first time that put the sim card into your phone and turned it on.  It's possible that hte seller wanted to test to make sure that the service was working before sending you the sim card.  Either way, it's a good idea to ask the moderators to change the PIN for you. As to guessing the PIN, there's way to know if the PIN is correct unless the moderators accept it. You can't figure it out by playing around on your phone.  Your sim card's security PIN is not the necessarily the same as your account PIN (unless they were both set as the same).

@Fisher77 wrote:

I trust the seller...

If you trust the seller any chance you might be able to reach the person as ask if they know it? 

Maybe it's something like default code 0000 

If you can't get it from seller...you can only get it from the moderators and you could also ask the moderators to change your pin to something you prefer to use.

Fisher77

I trust the seller...

Fisher77

I was involved in a PM with moderators about changing my email.  I asked them where I'm supposed to find this PIN, but never got an answer.

I thought perhaps the community might be able to answer instead.

There's no point in contacting moderators again when they didn't answer me in the first place.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Fisher77 As soon as you enter the sim card in your phone, you should have got a text from 611 telling you the pin. Unless the seller tested out the sim using his/her phone, he/she should know the pin. So you can either wait for mod to get back or ask the seller. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Only Moderators can help you with 4 digit pin.

Did you open a ticket to mods via SIMon or did you use link below for private message??

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.