cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the 90 day suspended date

PaulineKi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I put my account into suspended mode while travelling. I am trying to locate when my 90 days are up.

Does the 90 days start from the date suspended or from the first missed payment. For example:

The phone was suspended on the 5th of a month and the renewal date is the 15th. Does the 90 days start from the 5th or the 15th, when the next payment is due? If it is the 5th, where can I locate that date? I.e., the date suspended.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PaulineKi 

90 day countdown starts on Day 1 of what would have been your new 30 day cycle. The day after your last paid day (30) of service. This can get a little confusing over the winter when you 2 months in a row with 31 days followed by a month with 28 or 29 days and another 31 day month. Since I have screwed this up I literally take my calendar out and count it out day by day to be absolutely sure and then mark day 89 as the absolute last day to reactivate. But having had issues twice now when reactivating an account with a balance I recommend that you reactivate on day 87 at the latest.

Be wary of the caching issues with self serve. Log in and unsuspend via lost/stolen. Then if you have add funds to reactivate you have 2 choices :

1. Manually top up online with your payment card or a voucher. You will be given the option to download your reciept. Do so. Examine the reciept to ensure it reflects the amount paid and the amount deducted. (You don't want to see $0.00.) Check your payment history for your plan amount with that day's date. Log out. Reboot (if possible) and call 611 or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone # and make sure your account is active. Log into your account using secret/incognito after half an hour and check that your account is active.
  2. Or make a manual top up payment via the 611/IVR system (1 855 4PUBLIC) with a voucher or your credit card on file (after you enter your 4 digit # account pin #) or by instant top up/real time payment (RTP). As long as you have unsuspended via lost/stolen before topping up via 611 these manual payments will automatically reactivate your plan.

What do you know, an agent was correct  Someone with an account in suspension can verify but I think the future date is in the orange warning box that shows when suspended. The actual drop dead moment of deactivation is likely 12:01am eastern time of that date.

Be sure to reactivate a couple days before that in case of any payment problems.

@PaulineKi wrote:

For others reading, I did receive conformation from support. Here is the reply.

I want to mention that the 90 days starts from the day the plan expired OR when the system is supposed to receive a payment.

So, if you mark your phone lost on the 5th and the plan rolls over on the 15th, the 90 days start from the 15th.

Great help here as well.

@PaulineKi - oh, you marked your phone lost/stolen on December 5th, but your plan was due to renew on December 15th. That is why your plan will be lost/closed 90 days after December 15th.

With old self serve/My Account there used to be a date showing when your account would be deactivated. 

esjliv_0-1674916958291.png

This should be in the new My Account for customers for better clarity.

PaulineKi

For others reading, I did receive conformation from support. Here is the reply.

I want to mention that the 90 days starts from the day the plan expired OR when the system is supposed to receive a payment.

So, if you mark your phone lost on the 5th and the plan rolls over on the 15th, the 90 days start from the 15th.

Great help here as well.

OK, so if the last date of service was December 15, you must reactivate with a payment to restore the account by end of day March 14, 2023.

I would recommend doing so on March 12-13 to be certain the reactivation occurs smoothly.

If someone back in Canada has access to the device, (or the SIM card they can put in another device), they can use it to call 611 and they will hear a recorded message as to the date required.

EDIT:   If you require certain confirmation of the timing, @PaulineKi , ask the Customer Support Agents to kindly confirm the date upon which resuming service with payment must occur.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

PaulineKi

Sorry, but on self serve, it only shows the date that the payment was due. December 15th in this case. I suspended it part way through the monthly cycle, and that is the date that I do not have. So, I need that date and I do not have access to my phone from here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PaulineKi 

It starts from the first day suspended.

If you login to your self-serve, it will display there.  You may also dial 611 to hear it. (this will work if your account is suspended)

So if you suspended on the 5th of a month, and that was the date that you no longer had services, on day 90 from that date the account will become permanently deactivated and no longer usable.

Can you elaborate how you placed your account in suspension? Did you allow the cycle to run out and remove the auto pay option?

Need Help? Let's chat.