cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp not able to confirm my number

Astr1d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Three days and one open ticket after new non ported number can’ t be confirmed by whatsapp. Read all community related threads, is there any recommendation out there I’m missing?

5 REPLIES 5

Astr1d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone! I finally got WhatsApp! Had to wait 48 hrs. Lots of patience and perseverance. 

Sana_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

try sending a receiving a text message with a friend, if that works, whats app should not take longer. 

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have not run into this problem myself, but WhatsApp used to have an option of 2FA by automated voice call instead of SMS. Is that something you can try?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Did you just start with PM? If so, there is something about the system that Whatsapp and others sending a confirmation text like banks and governments and such...  can take up to 3-4 weeks to work properly. Something about "new numbers" need time to be set. It's more of a system security to protect people from having their accounts and info stolen from SIM swaps. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Astr1d , if you look at the SIM status on your phone, is the number registered there correct?  I am not sure what support can offer to navigating a social media app for which they have no skin in that game.  Have you tried deleting and reinstalling whatsapp?  Check out the whatsapp site help articles.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/1369114327051380/?cms_platform=android

Need Help? Let's chat.