cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp with Germany

niami
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot connect with my friend in Germany via WhatsApp. Each time I try to Invite her to become a contact, I only get the option to send her a text or an email to download the app on her phone. She already has the app and she's using it quite often with many other friends, so I don't understand why I cannot make her a contact. With the other contacts I didn't even need to do anything, they just appeared as being my contacts when I first downloaded WhatsApp. We tried to solve the problem together one day while we were talking on Skype, but nothing worked.

I just want to know if this happens because of Public Mobile limitation.

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tonn wrote:

I found the solution on this problem. thanks anyway.:))

@tonn what was your solution?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tonn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I found the solution on this problem. thanks anyway.:))

tonn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue. my friend saves his number to my phone with 0049xxxxxxxxx.

when I checked it to my phone contacts and it doesn't appear the WhatsApp logo in the connected via _.so i cannot contact him in whatsapp only in other social sites. 

so do you have any solutions for this problem? thanks in advance

srlawren

@niami as @ute1978 and @WearySky have suggested, could you please try the alternate phone number format and let us know if that resolves the issue?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WearySky wrote:

@niami remove the 00 and replace it with + in your phone contacts.  

I suggested the + in one of my replies above. No reaction from OP.

WearySky

@niami remove the 00 and replace it with + in your phone contacts.  

niami

It starts with 0049 - I always dial 0049 when I call her via VOIP.

srlawren

@niami there certainly *shouldn't* be any issue, WhatsApp is purely data-based with no SMS fallback to the best of my knowledge.  It only uses SMS optionally for invites, as you noted.  However, even more interesting--if the person has WhatsApp and is entered into your contacts correctly, you should not have to invite them.  They should just show up in your WhatsApp contacts tab and you can start messaging them right away.  The fact that you are seeing an invite option makes me think that @ute1978's suggestion that you may not have the correct format of the person's phone number in your phone's contacts is likely correct.  Double check how you have it stored--I don't have any overseas contacts so I can't confirm what format should be used, hopefully someone else here can--then go back into WhatsApp, go to the Contacts tab, use the "..." overflow menu and choose "Refresh" to make it check all your contacts again.  Hopefully the "invite" button goes away and you should see "MOBILE" (or whatever label you used for their phone number in your phone contacts) in it's place.  Once that's the case, you can messsage right away.

ute1978

I am using my phone all the time for WhatsApp to Germany.... no issues.

It has to do with the country codes..... Have you tried both versions? +49 or 01149 as a country code in front of her number?

niami

I'm just thinking of restarting the attempts this weekend: contact her to chek again  her number + area code, maybe download the app on my computer and tablet, and restrt from there using my home internet connection to see if it works. I'll let you know what happened, but thank you for your answer. In the meantime, I'm open to other ideas as well.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Lol....are you serious?

@niami  Shouldn't be any issue with PM.  I use whats app with portugal on teh daily almost and never have any issues, has to be some other forces at work here.  Maybe the russians are hacking you.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe it's nothing to do with public mobile network. If the data is not working then you can say it's from network or apn issue.
Assuming data is working fine and the network signal is okay, in that case it can be a possible problem from the whatsapp application, can be a possible problem of adding the phone number of your friend in proper format I.e. country code+area code+ phone number.

Just assumptions. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.