cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen if I cancel my credit card

Nidaniangde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That’s the problem. I bought a SIM card last year, and activated it online. But it couldn’t go through the last step. So I returned it and activated a new one. Now the number I returned kept charging me monthly. I cannot remember the number and email address I used to activate it. I asked for help online, and it does not help. So ,should I cancel my credit card to stop it?

8 REPLIES 8

@Nidaniangde 

Call your credit card company back and ask for the transaction reference numbers and merchant numbers for all of the transactions associated with the account. This will help them locate the account. You could then verify info on the account that you activated with such as:

1. Name and address on the account.
  2. Date of birth.
  3. Date activated.
  4. Last 4 digits of the credit card (obviously).

The moderators will be able to see the account has never been used and you should be able to recieve a full refund.

Nidaniangde

Sure. I don’t know the number either. The only thing I know is it charged me. 

@Nidaniangde wrote:

I called credit card, and was told to cancel the subscription here.  I gonna ask online team for help again 

You'll have to prove that the account is yours to the moderators but if you don't know the details, how will they find it?  I would use the forgot self serve password feature to see if the password reset e-mail gets sent to one of your e-mail addresses.

Nidaniangde

I called credit card, and was told to cancel the subscription here.  I gonna ask online team for help again 

@Nidaniangde 

There's no purpose for you to be paying for more than the services you're needing and using.

If you used the same credit card for all accounts, it shouldn't be too difficult for the moderators to assess the payment records to determine how many associated accounts are being charged to the card and ensure any discrepancies are immediately corrected.

You can also view your card transaction records to see in the run of a 30-day cycle, how many payments to Public Mobile are being made to them. (presuming they were all 30-day plan cycles)

Nidaniangde

Thanks for your reply. I used to use three public mobile numbers for my family. After one is transferred out, I found I have been charged an extra one. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nidaniangde 

No, you certainly shouldn't have to cancel a credit card to stop unwanted payments for services being charged to it.

If you're being charged services for Public Mobile to a service you're not receiving/benefitting from, and you no longer want that service, contact the Moderators to get access to your self-serve account and/or request they immediately cease auto-pay on the unneeded account.

Doing so will terminate the service after 90 days of no-payment and you won't have to be concerned with these charges continuing.   While you're at it, you may wish to ensure the changes you're going to make won't have any impact on your existing and active service with Public Mobile.

Here's how to contact them:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nidaniangde : Did you activate in store or yourself online? Did you get a welcome email? Look in all your email inboxes for the welcome email.

If you got nothing then you should contact the moderators to have them cancel it. Or indeed change your payment card. Then it'll go away.

But...you've been paying all this time? And now you're trying to do something about it?

Figures...we get people here with failing autopay and here you are with continuing autopay. (like the many thousands of other customers)

Need Help? Let's chat.