cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most cost effective US roaming add-on?

Emabean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ll be in the US for just under 2 weeks and am wondering how this works and what the best option is. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Emabean   since you are going on 2 weeks but PM roaming are all 10 days term, if you anticipate you will be using a lot of data for the full 14 days, you might want to buy local data instead, it is cheaper and give you more data. 

But the drawback is that people cannot reach you via your PM number or you cannot send text.  There are different kinds of workarounds (easier for voice but hard for text) .  Let us know if you want to explore other option

Emabean

Thanks, that’s what I needed to know! 

@Emabean   you are on the new reward plan?  Yes, redeeming from points is usually 20% cheaper than buying it with meony

If you have enough point, just login to My Reward and pick the US roaming add-on and wait 24 hours for them to process. 

MyRew-Redeem- Full.jpg

Please note that once they processed your request and added to your My Account, it will start counting the 10 days, 240 hours, expiry.  So, you would likely redeem it the day before your trip

Emabean

Thanks! Do you know how it works to buy from rewards points?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Emabean hello to add to above suggestion these addons start as so as you purchase them so wait until you need them, also buying an addon is a 2 step process,first you put money in your account then go back in and buy the addon 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Emabean hi that would depend on your needs,here are the packages  available 😀

US Roaming6

10 day packages

Important: As of February 22nd, 2022, some United States (U.S) carriers will begin turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks in the U.S. As a result, some customers using U.S. roaming add-ons may be impacted by differences in coverage or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S. This shutdown will not impact your service in Canada.

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle

$20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

$15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only

$8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only

$8
U.S. Data Only

10 day packages

Important: As of February 22nd, 2022, some United States (U.S) carriers will begin turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks in the U.S. As a result, some customers using U.S. roaming add-ons may be impacted by differences in coverage or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S. This shutdown will not impact your service in Canada.

250MB

$10
500MB

$15
1GB

$20

Need Help? Let's chat.