cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 5G UL Speed?

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I see this description used in some of the plans in My Account but don't see it defined.

5 REPLIES 5

umnikke8

Yes, it could be Upload or it could be Unlimited, but none of those really make sense.

eddieO

@umnikke8 I noticed that on my available plans as well. The funny thing is if you go to the Public Mobile website (not logged in) there is no mention of UL on the plans listed. Seems like just adding marketing buzz glitter

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So you know that UL means Upload Speed? 

Yet another google result - cut and pasting below.

What is UL data 5G pack?
This is an introductory offer for our customers to experience high speed 5G data. Customers who have 5G-enabled devices and have latched onto the Airtel 5G Plus network can now enjoy Unlimited 5G Data.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

i don't think they promise any Upload speed. but how fast you need? you don't need it that fast

my UL is around 10Mbps, more than enough

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good point.

They put it their description in order to dazzle and confuse us .  I googled " What is the UL reference signal in 5G?".  Cut and pasting below.

SRS is a UL reference signal which is transmitted by UE to the base station. SRS gives information about the combined effect of multipath fading, scattering, Doppler, and power loss of the transmitted signal.

Yet another google result - cut and pasting below.

What is UL data 5G pack?
This is an introductory offer for our customers to experience high speed 5G data. Customers who have 5G-enabled devices and have latched onto the Airtel 5G Plus network can now enjoy Unlimited 5G Data.
Need Help? Let's chat.