cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to unused data if i change plans halfway.

Mhon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, Neighbours.
I hope you're all well.
Just a question about changing plans midway an existing plan
Thanks in advance.

I am on a $45/month plan @ 50gb/month.
I opted for the 90-day option.
I paid $135 upfront and was given 150gb upfront.
I am now midway through this plan.
I still have used up only 57gb of the 150gb plan and still have 93gb left unused.

Proration?????

Proration A: based on remaining days left on my existing plan:

If i base it on the date: Based on being "halfway" through this plan... i recon, i can argue that i have used up $67.50 of my $135 payment, leaving me with unused $$$ of $67.50

Proration B: proration on unused data:

If i base it on $ per GB: that would be a rate of $0.90 per GB.
Since I still have 93gb unused, then i can say I still have $83.70 of unused date left on my plan.

Questions :

1. if i change subscriptions now to a $55 for 60gb and choose the 90day plan which will be $165 for 180gb. What happens to my currently used data?
2. Will i lose both my remaining unused data and the remaining unused $ credit?
3. If Public Mobile prorates; do they prorate based unused data or unused days? Or if they don't prorate at all.

I admit there must be a less wordy way of asking this question although, i am sorry i am not gifted as such to be less wordy so please bear with my question, Thank you!

I just want to know what happens to my remaining 45 days and 93 gb of my existing plan if i were to change plans now to a $55/60gb/90day plan

Looking forward to all of your smart and helpful insights.

Thank you!
@Mhon 

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Remaining data and any prepaid funds will be forfeited. This is one of the drawbacks of the 90 day subscriptions. Simply schedule the plan change for next renewal to lock in the Black Friday deals.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mhon   Unfortunately, you'll lose any data remaining in your current cycle for immediate plan changes, hence the recommendation to change at new renewal whenever possible.  PM also does not prorate or refund for early plan changes.

edit:  sorry, should have added, any gifted or purchased domestic add-ons (data or talk) are not affected by plan changes and will remain either under the current policy of 30 days or old non-expiring if bought before the new policy went into effect.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Mhon 
Do not change plans now, since your unused data will not transfer over and you will give it up. When changing plans, please click "change on renewal date" so that your plan is changed whenever your upcoming renewal date is.

Need Help? Let's chat.