cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the 29$/month plan??

Tom321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was just about to buy the 29$/month for 10gb of 4g, but I got an error, and when the page refreshed the plan on the store was replaced with a 30$/month for 15gb plan. Is there anyway I can get that other option back?

Honestly I barely use 4gb of data a month, I don't really need the 5g I currently have, and the 23$/m for 6gb would be perfect for me, but that's for new users only so I was happy to see another cheaper plan option in the 29$/m one

Obviously 1$ isn't a major difference but it's annoying for it to happen in seconds, and to pay more for data I don't need.

7 REPLIES 7

@Tom321 wrote:

I am an existing customer, have been with public for years, my current plan is 34$/month for 50gb of USA and Canada data. I'll check my PC to see if the other plan comes back, it was the only 4g plan available when I went to change my plan and only disappeared after the error 

@Tom321 , I checked my $34/50GB CAN-US account to see what is available to me.  I am seeing a $30/15GB 4G speed plan and $34/15GB CAN-US plan.  These are the only plans with less or equal cost.  I am content with staying on this plan for the long run, considering I spend almost 7 years on a $40 plan that came with 4GB and province wide calling.  

@Tom321 wrote:

The 29$ plan I was attempting to change to was under "Change my plan" and only disappeared after the error

@Tom321 

As mentioned, try to login again, but first clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  Or try the PM app itself.  

PM is targeting plan options to existing customers.  It looks like the offers available are more expensive than the existing customer's present plan.  

So, if you are on the $34 plan, you may not be offered a lower price plan at the present time. 

Tom321

The 29$ plan I was attempting to change to was under "Change my plan" and only disappeared after the error

Tom321

I am an existing customer, have been with public for years, my current plan is 34$/month for 50gb of USA and Canada data. I'll check my PC to see if the other plan comes back, it was the only 4g plan available when I went to change my plan and only disappeared after the error 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tom321  Many plans changed a couple of days ago, best thing when you see one you want is to log in to your account and go to change subscription, of the two options there "change on renewal" or "change now" select change on renewal to avoid losing what's left of your current plan.  It doesn't matter how long it is to next renewal, it will lock in the plan and if you change your mind in the meantime you have the option to cancel it.   But it seems currently we all have different plans offered in our accounts that aren't necessarily the same as what's in the store so as @will13am said best to check there and not the public shop page.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you an existing customer? What plan?

As mentioned, not all plans are available to all customers anymore, and it's likely that you'll only get offered plans at a higher price point than what you currently are on. 

Also, check your account in the web browser as well as the app. While the inconsistency shouldn't exist, I've had several instances now that offers differed between the two (and no, it's not on my end - I always clear cache and start a brandnew session (in incognito/private mode in the browser).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tom321 , recently Public Mobile has reshaped their marketing scheme with "targeted offers" for each account.  The only way to find out what plans are available to you, you need to look into your account and not at what is showing on the plan web page.  

Need Help? Let's chat.