cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my public mobile phone account?

jen_e
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can no longer access my account.  Can't log in, my phone no longer works.  Can reset password because it's not sending any resets to my email.  Please help.  

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jen_e 

If you would like to award the solution to @dust2dust for helping your way along to a solution then you simply go to the little arrow thingy on the right side of the post to unmarked your own post as the solution and then choose the appropriate post that helped you to a resolution.

Please update us on what comes out of this. There are a couple possibilities and that's what we were trying to nail down.

jen_e

@dust2dust I tried the number, it says my account has been temporary suspended.  Trying to iron this out with support right now.  Wife told me she didn't get any SMS payments notification to indicate missing payment.  Again, thanks for your help.

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- They can't log in. Excellent ideas the rest of the way. Hopefully the OP will keep us updated.

Yes, I know @dust2dust  :). But since you provided them the 855 to check this, then I didn't feel the need to repeat it.

Please try the toll free number from earlier. Do you have an original box that the phone came with? That should have the IMEI on it and you can check the blacklist status mentioned earlier.

jen_e

We had this account for 5 or more years.  She's at work without the use of her phone which is a safety concern to me.  If it was a problem with the phone than i can understand swapping sim card to another phone but right now I can't even access her online account.  

@esjliv- They can't log in. Excellent ideas the rest of the way. Hopefully the OP will keep us updated.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

So she has been able to use her phone the past 90 days without issue. How recently did your wife activate @jen_e ? 

If the Account is showing Active status, try 1 or more of the below:

• restart phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works to see if services work
  • Check if your phone is blacklisted (never know...) here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

jen_e

Thanks for the info @dust2dust 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click on the SIMon chatbot link down below to find your way to submitting a ticket.

In the meantime, you can dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter her number and listen to what it says.

Can you answer whether her credit card might have been compromised recently?

jen_e

is there a support person that can PM me to resolve this issue?

jen_e

If she been suspended for 90 days then why has she been able to use her phone for the last 90 days.

jen_e

This is my wife's phone, she is at work and she said she no long have access to any phone communication (phone, internet).  She didn't not get any warning of payment issues...  I would like to log into her account and rectify the situation but I can't even do that.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jen_e  Did you let your account pass the 90 day mark without renewing?

@jen_e wrote:

I can no longer access my account.  Can't log in, my phone no longer works.  Can reset password because it's not sending any resets to my email.  Please help.  

Has your account been suspended for 90 days? If so, your account has been closed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What recording do you get when you dial 611? Did you possibly deal with a credit card problem recently?

Need Help? Let's chat.