cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Western Canada Network Outage, August 19, 2024

For discussion about network issues in Western Canada that started on August 19, 2024, please continue the conversation in this thread.

237 REPLIES 237

Viraj123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same isuue. My friends who have same plan has no issues. But I can not make calls yet. This is since 8am today

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

some got a text from PM about the voice trouble, did you get one?

from what I now, PM does not actively monitor the forum, but if you message them, they will reply.  Did you check the Community inbox?  If no reply still , message them again

Edward58

With all the comments about issues not being able to make or get cell calls (text and internet access is working), is someone from Public Mobile monitoring these comments and why are they not informing us what is going on? I submitted a request a few hours ago about this issue and have yet to hear from someone.

slusagm

What phones do you have?

try you swap the sim cards between the 2 phones.  It will somehow refresh your account and hopefully will solve your problem.  If that does not help, then you will need to have PM to check both your accounts

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sheh

My husband and I have Public Mobile but for sometime now have issues with incoming and outgoing calls.

Cannot hear.  Wondering what the problem is.  Its frustrating.  How to get this problem solved.

There is no live person to talk to.  Please advise what to do

slusagm

@SueP2 

Telus has removed the voice outage note on its site so it should be resolved.

do you have another phone to test the sim card as well?

if not, I think you should ask PM to check.  Please open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SueP2

Did a reboot and still not working 

@Charmaine12341  try restart your phone. Some users that were down is back up now. 

Gigi121
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry it didn’t work!😔

Charmaine12341

Something here makes no sense. My neighbour next door who has exactly the same plan with Public Mobile has had no issues today. He can call out no problem. I have been unable to make calls today. I have been advised that there is an issue with service in Western Canada. So how is that even possible that one person has the problem and the person right next door doesn't?

thundal2

I am having the same issue too

Magignome2024

I did a reboot and mine is still not working! 😞

XiaoLongBao88

i am having the same problem got a messaged saying it was fixed but clearly it is not i have turned off the phone turned on and removed sim card and did reset network settings and none of that works

watrbaby

it is an issue with Telus. They said they were working on it. I received a text that it was fixed, but it is not. I still cannot make outgoing calls. I was given a link earlier by someone on community that gives me text message updates from Telus.

SBA_1964

I am having same problem

Catherine88

I'm in the exact same boat! I was able to receive a call but cannot make any outgoing calls or check my voicemail which is frustrating. Double checked and again I'm all paid up in the middle of my service month. So thankful I checked this forum. Fingers crossed it comes back ASAP as this is a serious inconvenience for so many of us.

@Viraj123 

log in to your account to just confirm that. If you have limited calling minutes, you can either wait until renewal OR...get a $5 / 500 minuites of in Canada calling add-on.  So...what plan do you currently have ?

Viraj123

unlimited outgoing..

Viraj123

No I have unlimited outgoing. Thanks

@Viraj123 

do you have one of the plans with limited outgoing calls ? Mine is the $15 Plan with 100 minutes only outgoing...unlimited incoming.

Viraj123

Subscription is up to date. I change the SIM card in to another working phone. Still it does the same. I am receiving calls with no issues. Texting works both ways. But can not make phone calls.

Restarted the phone, took the SIM card clean and reset. Nothing works yet. Please help

catb

Both my kids cells are working now, restarted my cell again still not working so I just ordered a new sim card as I have not gotten a response from customer service. Annoying to say the least. 

Gigi121

Sorry SueP2 , maybe do a reboot if you have not already done so.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Charmaine12341 hopefully won't be that long as some have reported that it started working for them. You can try reaching out to Customer support but not sure if they will do anything for you. To contact them click on the orange circle in the bottom right corner and type: Customer Support Agent

@Charmaine12341 wrote:

I have been unable to amke calls since this morning. I notice others are having the same problem. I am advised it may take up to 72 hoursto fix this. How do we get some compensation back for the loss of service and inconvenience?

The only ones who can assist with that would be the Public Mobile customer support agents. Please open a ticket using the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Charmaine12341

I have been unable to amke calls since this morning. I notice others are having the same problem. I am advised it may take up to 72 hoursto fix this. How do we get some compensation back for the loss of service and inconvenience?

SueP2

Telus is saying that Voice outbound should be working,  but it isn't for me 

Melm4

Mins started to work for maybe 3 hours around lunchtime and now it’s gone again ! Not very helpful when I need to use my phone on the road 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rick4290 TELUS is aware and working on it as I think it's also affecting their other brands (TELUS and Koodo) so hopefully very soon but with these kinds of outages it's hard to have an ETA

Rick4290

Thank you so much!  Will just hope they correct this soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.