cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Error - No compatibility list showing

TallStan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Compatibility list not working. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

Tried yesterday and today using several website browsers, Chrome, Edge, Brave, and Firefox.

Also refreshed screen with circle arrow and F5 for my PC.

I was thinking of switching to Public Mobile.

Therefore I cannot get verified since I do not have a Public Mobile number yet.

I do not see any Chat.

7 REPLIES 7

TallStan

https://willmyphonework.net/   was suggested by a Customer Service rep. It lists many phones and networks.

@TallStan   even the PM Compatibility site is up , it might not have all the phones there

check the spec. of the phone you want , make sure it has some of the following frequencies:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

Please remember that any phone you are considering should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage. 

@TallStan wrote:

Is this an indication that Public Mobile should be avoided?

Nothing is perfect thus PM is not perfect. Being 3rt tier provider, most support is provided by customers like yourself. Account issues are handled by PM staff through email only. Most customers are satisfied with the service and how much they pay for such service.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

TallStan

Thanks for the response.

Android operating system.

Looking for the best value in a pre-owned or refurbished unit.

The ZTE Blade A7P offered is rated lower than the Samsung Galaxy A12 which is getting replaced.

(The connection is wearing out.)

I can be tough on stuff. A couple of quick thoughts yet to be checked on specs.

Ulefone Rugged Phone, Armor X9 Unlocked Cell Phones Canada, 3GB+32GB Octa-core Android 11 Cell Phone Dual SIM,  

Blackview BV4900Pro  Rugged Cell Phones Unlocked Canada, 

If an issue for some time, why still have the Bot and many other things pointing to the list?

Is this an indication that Public Mobile should be avoided?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately it's a useless feature that just confuses and angers ppl who aren't aware it's completely useless now, yet it isn't either fixed or removed altogether. The community can tell you if your phone is compatible. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, that is known issue with that page.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz (band 5), 1900 MHz (band 2) and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).

HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

As long as your phone can handle these frequencies, you will be OK. Ideally, to be 100% sure if your phone will work, try friends' PM SIM in your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TallStan   Yes, the compatibility list has been broken for some time

What kind of phone do you have?  let us know and we can look it up and confirm for you

Generally speaking, all iPhone will work.  Most current Canadian model of phone will work on PM.  But of course, provide us the model of your phone and we will help

Need Help? Let's chat.