cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to finish Activation with new Phone-Old phone (with old provider) lost in Ocean-Use other #?

JamesDuff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, 

I tried to look through the community chats but wasn't seeing this specific Q&A easily, at least.  Apologies if I missed it.   I can access data with PM on my new phone, btw.   

I lost my phone in the Ocean and took that opportunity to get a new phone and change providers at the same time.   I am activated with the old provider and with PM.    I can't complete activation or finish port transfers as my new phone isn't recognized and all texts go to a phone that is literally lost at sea.    

What is the best way to complete this activation?   I do have an alternate cell phone (work), if needed.   I did try and place a ticket; not sure if it was successful..

Appreciating any assistance.  Hope I've given enough info..   Happy to provide further info if needed.

4 REPLIES 4

JamesDuff

Hey, thanks.   Appreciating the quick feedback!

Unfortunately, full activation through the app requires verification through the old phone, which is impossible in my case.    

Thanks for the msg with PM porting ppl#.   

I can make outgoing calls on my new phone, but cannot receive calls, apparently.   

My old account with my old provider is still activated.    I am not deactivating anything until I have confidence that I am over to PM, completely 🙂  

JamesDuff

Thanks for the prompt response!   Unfortunately, I cannot achieve full activation through the app as the final step requires final verification to old phone, which is impossible in my case.   I will send msg to support with your link, thanks!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@JamesDuff 

you should still be able to activate without the port hanging

did you use the app to activate?  after you done activation using the app, you should be able to make outbound calls on your new phone

With porting, you need to make sure the old account with the old carrier still active.  You need to talk to your old carrier and ask them to let you port without the sms approval.  It is the call of your old carrier, not PM.   So, talk to your old carrier

If your old carrier agree , call PM porting team back and ask PM to re-initiate the porting request. I will send you PM porting team phone number to your Community inbox

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JamesDuff  Are you using the PM app to activate . Not website ? All activations need the app . If same please submit ticket with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.