cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait times

Dolphin12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't understand why it's taking so long to hear back from customer service. What is an acceptable response time? I understand there is a post saying response time is longer than normal but it's been over a week since I sent a message.

*****UPDATED *****

I received a response to my ticket and it looks like things are going to be resolved 🥰

34 REPLIES 34

The security part is a valid concern, admittedly. 

With the private message method, one could inadvertently send to the wrong recipient as there are usernames which mimic support staff. 

I feel it's about being diligent insofar as the kind of information and extent to be provided.

Dolphin12

@computergeek541 that's interesting. Last time I had a ticket they still asked me to verify my account.

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Immediate response is unrealistic. I would wait 3-4 days before I sent a reminder. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Simply put, processing a support ticket is 'towing the company line' with respect to getting customer service around here.

I neither agree nor disagree with one method over the other being 'better' or 'preferred'.

I would submit whichever system gets a response quicker should be used.  

Put another way, if Public Mobile insists that one method is to be used over the other, then remove the least desired option altogether.

Problem solved.  🙂

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 I think you're agreeing with me actually. Messaging directly means you may have to answer verification questions that making a ticket can avoid.

@golfball wrote:

Depending on your inquiry if you choose not to use the ticket system you may be asked verification questions which can slow things down slightly.

I don't deny that sometimes happens, but part of the reason for the ticketing system is so that verification is already done, so it's actaully supposed to be the other way around.  Messaging  the verification information also presents certain security concerns.

@Dolphin12 wrote:

Is it better to create a ticket or message CS_Agent? Which gets a response quicker?

When someone sends a pirvate message as the first contact, it is automatically priortizer lower.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Depending on your inquiry if you choose not to use the ticket system you may be asked verification questions which can slow things down slightly.

@Dolphin12  it is stated that we are always supposed to use the ticket system and that it's faster.

If I had to guess, I would pick private messaging over ticketing system.  Of course this is just a guess as one would need to submit a ticket using the two systems from two different accounts at the same time to see which ticket is responded to first.  

Dolphin12

Is it better to create a ticket or message CS_Agent? Which gets a response quicker?

@Dolphin12 

make sure he checked the Community inbox
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

And I would wait for tomorrow morning, send them another message after 9AM EST and push for an update

Dolphin12

Thank you @softech I tried to find the answer but couldn't find it. My son created a ticket this morning but hasn't heard back. We weren't sure if they were available on the weekend.

@Dolphin12 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/send-us

Customer Support Agents are available from Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

But honest, we might receive replies from them any time.  They replied to me outside of those hours all the time

Dolphin12

When you open a ticket what are the hours of operation for those answering? Is it Mon to Fri or 7 days a week?

Tom222333444555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Fraser_1985 wrote:

I don’t think there is such a thing as customer service here, seems Public figures they will have volunteers who want a small amount deducted from their bill help those of us who have problems. Don’t think it’s customer, it’s volunteer service by other victims of Public.

I got a chuckle out of your post...but it is 100% true

Tom222333444555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Rastin wrote:

Send another ticket or private message. That not normal . Did you check your messages

Its perfectly normal...I created a ticket 24 hours ago....no response. I created another 2 hours ago, no response. I don't know if joining public was the right move for me

@Dolphin12  they should have responded by now. I heard back 1 hour ago. I responded and they responded a second time. Check your avatar and click on the tab that says messages. 

Dolphin12

I don't know what going on but it is frustrating. Oh well all I can do is wait.

I'm sorry to hear that. I would think they work on order received yes. My matter is not urgent.  It did take them a full day and a half to respond. Now I have to wait through the verification process. 

I did see a post today that seemed to hint that they message them and they responded with 30 minutes. 

Dolphin12

@Sansan that's interesting as I have not heard back on either of my tickets (different issues). I wonder why tickets are not answered in the order they are received?

@Dolphin12  hi, someone did reach out to me 3 hours ago. I was busy and wasn't using my phone. They asked me for info I had previously provided, but let's see when they will respond again.  I believe they will be closing soon.

No, I wrote them around noon. Let's see tomorrow. 

Dolphin12

@Sansan any response? Still nothing here

@Dolphin12 nothing yet...

Dolphin12

@Sansan let me know if you hear back. Still nothing on this end.

@Dolphin12 strange. I just sent them one myself,  so let's see...

Fraser_1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t think there is such a thing as customer service here, seems Public figures they will have volunteers who want a small amount deducted from their bill help those of us who have problems. Don’t think it’s customer, it’s volunteer service by other victims of Public.

Dolphin12

@HALIMACS thank you. I have sent many messages using the methods you outlined. I've never waited more than a few hours during business hours. For some reason the last one has not been responded to.

Do it anyway, @Dolphin12 

No one should have to wait more than 3 - 4 hours to hear back from a customer service department when they’re paying for a service.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.