cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume of new customers - how high is your account number?

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm wondering how high new account numbers are:

Sep 3 - my daughter signed up for PM - her account number is approx 907000

Oct 25 - my wife signed up for PM - her account number is approx 940000

Oct 28 - I signed up for a test phone - my account number is approx 941000

Oct 31 - I signed up and ported main phone - my account number is approx 944000

That's quite an impressive growth if these are sequential.

Anyone know what we're up to now?

PHT

[WARNING: If you reply - DONT post you actual account number - just round it instead].

7 REPLIES 7

hopetindall

Hi @computergeek541

you Are correct; we don't know for sure.

We can see, however, that the numbers are increasing. So it's likely not a random number.  

It may be tied to a time index or it may have a check digit at the end (in which case the actual activations is only 1/10th of the increase), and as @srlawren noted - the account number may be shared with Koodo.

Either way - I'll wager PM will best the other carriers with new additions this quarter!

PHT 

The amount of activations that we estimate is just going to be based on speculation.  As for the account number, we also have no way of knowing if each number is used, if new accounts are assigned numbers sequentially, or if the account numbers could be made up using a random number generator. 

hopetindall

@srlawren wrote:

@hummuschips correct.  Also, I believe the account number pool is likely shared with Koodo pre-paid accounts (and it's known they use the same back-end system for Koodo pre-paid and PM)

I have to suspect the majority of the activations in the last month have been on PM though! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hummuschips correct.  Also, I believe the account number pool is likely shared with Koodo pre-paid accounts (and it's known they use the same back-end system for Koodo pre-paid and PM)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lkjh1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Nov 20 Done at early morning 97300.

jimmyche

Helped a friend with her activation on Thursday Nov 17.

Nov 17 - Account number approx 964600

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's been mentioned on here previously that account numbers are not sequential.

Need Help? Let's chat.