cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

toddmatheson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much extra is voice mail and how do I install it with public?

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

VMail is included.

It has to be set up very first time from your mobile phone.

Can be accessed through other phone using one of access numbers.

If youget too many spam calls it could be 'disabled' using one of 'long absence' features.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @toddmatheson   

Voicemail is included in all PM plan

You might want to setup your VM by calling it from your cell.  Record your greeting and setup a Passcode (highly recommanded)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@toddmatheson    Voicemail is included with all PM plans and there's no extra charges.  Here's some info from Get Help page on voicemail:

Voicemail

At Public Mobile, all of our plans include voicemail, call display, and conference calling. Our Voicemail includes:

• Your choice of standard or personalized greetings
  • Space to store up to 10 messages (up to 5 mins long each) Voicemail messages will be automatically deleted after 10 days.

How To Set Up Your Voicemail Greeting:

Your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages. Until you set up your voicemail greeting, the default system greeting will be played.To set up your voicemail greeting: 1. Hold down the “1” key on your phone keypad. This will dial your voicemail access number. 2. Follow the prompts to set up your password, and record your name and personal greeting.

How To Retrieve Messages:

To retrieve your voicemail messages from your mobile device, you can either:

• Hold down the 1 key on your phone keypad, or
  • Dial 1 + your 10-digit phone number, then press send or call

Note: Calling your voicemail will use your minutes. If you're calling within Canada, retrieving your voicemail messages is a toll-free call. If you're roaming in the U.S., you will need to purchase a Roaming Add-On in order to access your voicemail.

How to access your voicemail from another phone:

1. Call your 10-digit phone number.
  2. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the star key (*) to interrupt it.
  3. Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
  4. Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages.

How to reset your voicemail password:

You can change your voicemail password using My Account or by dialing into voicemail.To change your password using My Account:

1. Log in to your account
  1. Then click on ‘Reset Voicemail Password’ under My Profile, on the Overview tab.

To change your password via voicemail:

1. Attempt to dial into your voicemail with a password you remember.
  2. After two incorrect attempts, the system will ask you if you want a temporary password: press ‘*’ and then ‘1’ to request it.
  3. Check your text messages. You should receive a temporary password in a few minutes.
  4. Once you have your temporary password, use it to access your voicemail, and follow the prompts to create a new password.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Voicemail is included

Need Help? Let's chat.