cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification

mikim6869
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm using samsung note8.

I've never gotten voicemail notification.

Once I open my voicemail, there are several messages that I have no idea.

How can I set up my phone?

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mikim6869 - did you say this happens on both your iphone and your note 8?

Try this on your Note 8 just to see if it helps:

• Go to Settings > Applications > Phone. 
  • Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache (if possible). 
  • Power your Galaxy Note 8 Off, wait 10 seconds then turn it back on.

A bit more 'googling' and found some other people having issues that shared their possible solutions:

1-One person said:

"installed a cleaning app that was to clean unwanted items on my phone - even notifications. What it did was prevent my voicemail notification icon from showing I had voicemails. Since uninstalling this app, my voicemail notification is now working. Simple solution yet none of the techs were able to help."

2-

Phone icon. Menu icon. Settings. . If unavailable, swipe up to display all apps then tap the. Phone icon. .

Tap. Voicemail. . If unavailable, tap. Call Settings. then tap. Voicemail. .

Tap the. Visual Voicemail switch. to turn on or off. If unavailable, tap. Notifications. .

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow don't have another phone to try and notifications worked fine when I used it with Telus previously.

@umnikke8 wrote:

@esjliv I've gone through support, they've reset everything and the end result has remained the same, intermittent VM notifications.

HI @umnikke8 , it could be a device issue.  Try to put your PM SIM in another phone and try it out.  See if the notifications work well on the other phone

Ali03
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@umnikke8 wrote:

VM notifications have only ever worked intermittently on my iPhone. Something on the network doesn't work right.

So you have two phones? Android and Apple? And notification do not work on both???

umnikke8

@esjliv I've gone through support, they've reset everything and the end result has remained the same, intermittent VM notifications.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mikim6869  is your notification for voicemail enabled on the phone?

1 Open the Phone app.
2 Tap the more options icon. ...
3 Tap Settings.
4 Tap Voicemail.
5 Tap Notifications.
6 From this menu you can select your notification preferences for voicemails

@umnikke8  - this happens on two different phones (1 android and 1 iphone), with the same SIM, that is odd.

In your self serve account under the My Profile section try using the "Reset Voicemail Password" option. It wouldn't hurt to see if that resets something on your account.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA to see if they have had something they could reset on your account on their end for this.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I have an s9 and it seems to work as it should knock on wood, although others aren't as lucky, not necessarily a settings issue?

umnikke8

VM notifications have only ever worked intermittently on my iPhone. Something on the network doesn't work right.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Check settings for notifications for phone app.

Do you access vmail though your phone or remotely? Check vmail number if it is correct.

Notification (little icon on top) and sound (if set up) should be on by default.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You could gogle "voicemail setup Samsung Note 8"...until someone here provides 1st hand experience.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.