cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail issues

csphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all -

Having voicemail problems for my phone. When I'm on a call with somebody and another person calls in (i.e. activates the call waiting feature) and I let it go to voicemail, my wife gets a phone call from my number that consists of a bunch of beeps and then hangs up. I get the message as usual and have no problems there, but she gets calls whenever I get a voicemail this way and as you can imagine it's annoying as hell. Any fixes?

12 REPLIES 12

imateachertoo

Yay! Glad the situation got resolved! 

...and no one will be in the doghouse 😉

Happy to help.

cheers!

@csphone There's no arguing with that! Enjoy your win.

csphone
You laugh but I'm the real winner - the wife will stop calling me and giving me **bleep** for something I didn't do 🙂

...we'll tell them to read an ancient chant to see if it fixes the problem Smiley Wink

csphone
Me neither 😛 but if it ever happens to anyone else...

I still don't understand what exactly was causing the problem, but that's okay - as long as it's resolved! 🙂

csphone

...and the winner is.... @imateachertoo !! 

It was a very specific and odd problem to reproduce, because between me and my wife, we have two phones...which means we can't reproduce a "call waiting" situation without a third party. After a little finangling, my sister kindly helped out from across the country.

I switched the SIMs and set up a call to my number from the other number. Then I had my sister call my number. No random calls spat out when I sent my sister to voicemail. I had my sister call the other number...no error either. 

So I hung up all the calls, switched the SIMs back...and tried resetting all of the options under General/Phone/ Call Waiting, Call Forwarding etc...

Then I repeated the whole test process...and it worked! 

I've been with PM for about four months now on this phone, I did switch from Telus...but the problem just cropped up this past week with normal use. I've never once used those settings...but I guess it should have occurred to me. Ah well. Anyways, thanks for all the assistance everyone!

imateachertoo

Can I ask did you port your number from another carrier? Or get a new number from PM? I am guessing it has something to do with a call forwarding feature either your device or carrier has enabled... If so, try to deactivate that feature if possible... Or deactivate call waiting then reactive later...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Oh wow, I've never heard of that before, @csphone.  Anxiously awaiting the results of your test!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Subscribing, I just want to know what the issue ends up being... JL

csphone

Will try when at home next and report back. 

Mayor / Maire

@csphone This sounds like it could potentially be related to a device you're using. For troubleshooting, would you be able to try putting your SIM in another phone and let us know if the problem still occurs on another device? If so, the problem would be likely related to your PM account, and not your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.