cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail custom greeting not applying

Zz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I changed my old personal greeting to a new one. But when I get calls, people still hear the old greeting. I've activated the new greeting. 

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Zz wrote:

The solution for me was I had a regular voicemail message and I also had a busy greeting active for when my phone is busy and can't take a call so I had to deactivate the busy greeting (which was an older message) so that the regular voicemail would go off anytime I missed a call.

Thanks for the update! Yeah, the "busy greeting" is something you have to manually enable/disable in your voicemail. The voicemail system has no idea "why" the call was redirected - all three conditional forwards for unanswered/off network/busy just basically forward like any other call and all are treated the same.

Zz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The solution for me was I had a regular voicemail message and I also had a busy greeting active for when my phone is busy and can't take a call so I had to deactivate the busy greeting (which was an older message) so that the regular voicemail would go off anytime I missed a call.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Zz ,

Did you just port a number over to Public Mobile, maybe your port is not complete and callers are still going to your previous number. Incoming calls are usually the last to complete.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

EDIT:

Oh, you have been a Community member for some time now...so not likely a porting issue.

😶

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Zz wrote:

I changed my old personal greeting to a new one. But when I get calls, people still hear the old greeting. I've activated the new greeting. 

Hi @Zz it could be that you didn't follow the instructions properly.  That's what happened to me as there are soooo many options.  This might help.

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Menu_1_v1_Aug7

To change Greetings - choose #3

• Personal Greetings - #1
  • Busy Greeting - #2
  • Holiday Greeting #3
  • Extended Absence Greeting #4

then choose #1 to activate a greeting.

I hope this helps.  Best wishes and season's greetings! 🎄🎄🎄 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Zz wrote:

Try to change it again and make certain you select the proper voicemail you want. (Extended Absence, Busy Greeting etc)

Need Help? Let's chat.