cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail appears to be glitching

pubmonewbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm noticing issues with the voicemail service: delays in playback, delays in showing I've deleted a message (the notification on my phone is showing voicemail, but when I access to playback any messages there is no new content).

I tried re-recording my greeting while I was logged in, the audio quality is pretty poor and there is lag.. I had to try a few times to get a decent voicemail greeting recorded. Is this an everyday thing, or is there something happening at this time to render the voicemail feature somewhat glitchy? Thanks for your time.

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pubmonewbie I wonder if Public Mobile is streamlining their voicemail systems..?

Hopefully, this is temporary disturbance.

Try the below to see if anything improves it:

• removing your SIM card, then re-inserting it, then a reboot would help?
  • Maybe even toggling into/out airplane mode.
  • Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I just tried and (deleted SPAM, again 😞 😞 ) it worked as expected. No lag, no echo, no glitches.

It could be just bad connection.

Did you try accessing vmail from other phone? Do you experience the same issue?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Another thing to try is to manually dial that number from your phone. Or try 1-778-580-4001. I have found that some voicemail access numbers have been changed somehow. But you say you get to your voicemail so maybe that's not the problem here.

pubmonewbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this is a handy suggestion, I did try out the echo test as suggested by hTideGnow.. there was almost no lag in voice playback and sound quality was fine

it's a new A53 and I was not having issues on the old A50, is this something to do with a 5G phone on a 3G network? doesn't seem like it should be a problem

I access voicemail by selecting the notification on my phone, it dials me to a Saskatchewan number (according to my device), I never really gave that any thought over the years. It just worked, now it does not seem to be working so well, and here I am.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pubmonewbie   I wonder if it is a reception issue from where you are instead of voicemail system 

Try to make a test call here and check if you hear your voice perfectly

226-244-4444

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How do you normally access your voicemail? What voicemail access number is your phone otherwise set to? Does anybody on the other end of a call question you about sound from you?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pubmonewbie 

You can try on a landline or put your SIM in another phone to see if it still have the glitch.

If not then it is your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.