cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting continual "new voicemail" from same number

TJKinBC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had an account for a long time. From the beginning i have always received a new voicemail notification from 1 778-580-xx01.  When i delete the notification, it usually appears again within seconds. What is this? And how do i get rid of it? (Blocking doesn't work)

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @TJKinBC 

are you on iPhone?  Some people have notification problem on iPhone. Updating iOS might help.  Some people have to contact agent and ask them to refresh the account/voicemail instead.  You can check with CS agent on that.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BKNS27 wrote:

@TJKinBC 

The number 1-778-580-4001 is the PM voicemail number so I wouldn’t block the number. This will show up everytime you call your voicemail.

Try rebooting your phone by powering off then back on to get rid of the notification.

@BKNS27 

Hi. If @TJKinBC did block the number, it wouldn’t make any difference, right? All blocked numbers still allow a voicemail and blocking only prevents the phone from ringing. The block is for out inbound calls and @TJKinBC is calling the number as an outbound call. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TJKinBC 

The number 1-778-580-4001 is the PM voicemail number so I wouldn’t block the number. This will show up everytime you call your voicemail.

Try rebooting your phone by powering off then back on to get rid of the notification.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That's the local voicemail number for your area @TJKinBC 

The notification is prompting you to call your voicemail access number to retrieve the voicemail associated with the notification.   Another way is to simply press and hold the 1 on your device.

Once you've checked, and either deleted or archived the associated message, that notification should disappear from your voicemail notification.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I've seen a question like this before. Unfortunately,  there was no clear response if and how it was fixed.

Suggestion: call yourself and leave a message. Check the message and delete it. Hopefully that will make it go away.

Turn on and off the voicemail indicator. 

Reset network settings. 

If none work, contact Public Mobile at the link below to see if they can reset for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.