cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail and how to disable it

Conkar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a question. I've heard of this being a thing and I wasn't sure if it's true or if I can even do this on public mobile, but am I able to like actually disable the voicemail all together if I don't use it? And if so how do I go about doing so

9 REPLIES 9

@Conkar wrote:

Thank you whoever you are. You are a legend if I can get this to work. Oh wow awesomeness 

Let us know if it works and you do NOT have VoLTE.

I used to be able to set up conditional forwarding and Never got any vmail but on phones without VoLTE that stopped working.

Conkar

Thank you whoever you are. You are a legend if I can get this to work. Oh wow awesomeness 

Conkar

Oh I just personally don't ever use voicemail anymore cuz I get flooded b******* so I'd rather it be disabled. I always tell people to text me if they can't get a hold of me lol you're just a personal preference

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Conkar 

This is a workaround, I’m sure is it’s still working

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highlight...

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Conkar 

Why would you wanted to disable voicemail?

I would definitely WANT to disable vmail as I am sick of spam and other unwanted calls particularly when they speak foreign language... As my phone is mostly off vmail is frequently left.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot disable vmail at PM. Even if your phone is off vmail could be left. If you see outgoing calls to number ending with 4001  that means your phone 'called' vmail - e.g. vmail was left. Your minutes (if you are on $15 plan) will not be affected UNLESS YOU call vmail which will be counted against 100 min quota.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Conkar , on android there is a voicemail number setting that is supplied by the mobile network.  I have not tried it but I assume it would be possible to edit out that number which could effectively equate to disabling voicemail.  You could look into that if you are using an android phone.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Conkar 

Why would you wanted to disable voicemail?

If calls come in that is not in your contact if you have an iPhone. It will go straight to voicemail. If it is an Android, if you don’t recognize the number and not in your contact. Just ignore it and if it is important they will leave a voice message.

@Conkar wrote:

I have a question. I've heard of this being a thing and I wasn't sure if it's true or if I can even do this on public mobile, but am I able to like actually disable the voicemail all together if I don't use it? And if so how do I go about doing so

There isn't any option to completely remove voicemail.  You can experiment with the extended absence settings to see if the provides the desired results.

Need Help? Let's chat.