cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail notification not working

terrible_1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having problems with voice mail notifications not showing that have a voice mail and have missed a couple of important calls. Reset phone network a couple of times. It is the service provider voice mail that does have this working and would like the problem fixed.

22 REPLIES 22

lacrosse

@softech The notification issue I have is caused by Visual Voicemail after porting my number from Telus to PM. I did open a ticket and had access to Tier 2 support from Telus. The support team tried all solutions with no luck.

My advice to anybody planning to move to PM is to make sure they disable Visual Voicemail before porting, otherwise you might have to switch back to another telecom company that supports Visual Voicemail in order to fix this issue.

Thank you

@lacrosse  the notification issue is a tough one 

I suggest you to try open ticket with support and ask them to reset the Voicemail for you as well and see if it works

lacrosse

Thank you - Yes my iPhone is updated with the latest apple update 16.4.1 (a) but still this did not fix the notification issue.

terrible_1

Did you try the the updates to resolve the problem?

terrible_1

Remember to shut down iPhone after updates to reset . Turn back on. I find it slow still to show the notification of missed call and for voice mail

terrible_1

I ended up putting the 16.1 update and the 16.1a update on phone. As long as your IPhone is capable for the update.

lacrosse

@terrible_1  have you been able to resolve the issue with Voicemail notification? I am having a similar problem and neither Public Mobile nor Apple were willing / able to fix it.

@dabr   but if OP has an iPhone, @Lieux  could have found a better answer.. iOS16.4!!

@softech   Yes, hopefully they can.  He said he submitted a ticket and, hopefully, he'll come back to post any updates.

@dabr   but support could reset the account and notification badge would work (at least for a short while)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

After re-reading OP's question, I don't think it's the same as the link I posted but, hopefully, customer support have been able to offer suggestions.

@Lieux   Great news..

but don't come back for any update couple days later..LoL

@terrible_1  GOOD NEWS!!! I just updated my IPhone with IOS 16.4 and now…finally I have a dot on my voicemail!!! We will see in few days if it’s ok.

I have no news no improvements…🙄 after few resets nothing changed. So I don’t bother anymore with that.

@Lieux , you should share your finding  🙂

@terrible_1   from @Lieux 's test, it could be an Apple issue.   Lieux able to get notification on older iPhone from not the newer one

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voicemail-notification-stuck/m-p/958700#M...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@terrible_1  If you find a solution I want to know it.😉 

terrible_1

notification is on

terrible_1

Ok I will

terrible_1

Went to chatbot and submitted a ticket. Thank you

@terrible_1 

Double check the Notification setting to see if it disable…sometimes it disabled after updates.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@terrible_1   Do you have an Iphone?  There have been posts regarding this issue affecting Iphones, I believe. 

You might need to contact support via chatbot and ask for assistance according to this earlier thread here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voicemail-notification-stuck/m-p/955960?s...

Link to chatbot:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@terrible_1   are you on iPhone?  what iOS version you have?

do you not get any voicemail notification at all or just miss some of them but able to receive some?

Need Help? Let's chat.