cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail not working.

Hollinger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I let a call go to voice mail, callers get "Welcome to the voice mail messaging system. Choose your language. Enter the voice box number."

But if I click "Decline" it goes to voice mail correctly and callers can leave a message.

21 REPLIES 21

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

1 778 580 4001

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious- what number are all your forwards and voicemail access number all set to?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Nope.... just realized I mixed up the voicemail number with the 611 number that switches to 1 647 788 8261. So problem not solved.

@darlicious wrote:

@Hollinger 

OMG! I think you solved my problem! I can't fix it yet but my voicemail number is a 1-647-number?!!

HI @darlicious 

So, the problem is with that 647 #?  maybe that number is somehow broken?  What exact number was that?  1-647-580-4001?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hollinger 

Yes I am thank you. I'm stuck at the moment because the account in question is currently self-suspended via lost/stolen. I have to wait to see if it fixes it once I begrudgingly reactivate at the improperly implemented but newly imposed 30% rate hike price.

Hollinger

Was it 1-647-580-4001?

That's the Toronto no that was wrongly applied  to my settings and caused the problem.

Up until recently, I had no voice mail problems.

Are you in the GVRD?

If so,reset all your voice mail numbers to 1-778-580-4001.

If not refer to https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Courtesy of hTideGnow.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Well I hardly ever use that phone/account and when I check voicemail I use my fongo number.

Oh @darlicious !... how could you not notice a very different number in your forwarding? 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hollinger 

OMG! I think you solved my problem! I can't fix it yet but my voicemail number is a 1-647-number?!!

HI @Hollinger   It shouldn't matter which VM number local it uses (as long as it is PM's VM #) .  I suggested earlier to use the same area code as yours just to make sure the network routing is quicker (at least I believe)

But, you changed it and it is working, we are happy  🙂

Hollinger

On my phone, when  a call comes in, l'm given choice of Accept, Decline or Screen.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Definitely worked on the bf's $15 plan. I never needed to call anyone else's I suspended or my data plan. But I can test it out shortly with the bf's with an active plan since I had already had to suspend it briefly this cycle anyways.

Hollinger

Solved.

The "When unanswered" forwarding number was set to a Toronto no and not by me.

I'm in the Vancouver area so changed it accordingly.

Rebooted and all good again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

The problem now is the caller needs to persistently enter my phone number until it connects or call one of the other voicemail access phone numbers and enter my number to get the correct message to leave a voicemail....which 99.999999% of callers would not know to do. If @Nezgar calls me then yes they would know how to leave me a message!

I still have some testing to do.....unless this is revenge for my complaint?!!🤔

@darlicious- It just occurred to me - this is a whole new plan that would have reconfigured everything. Maybe that's why it's all different. Do you know if your voicemail thing had worked for other plans?

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Lol...oh I get it now....dang it! No my problem stems from suspending my $10 50/50 plan (while my CCTS complaint winds its way through the process) for the first time ever and I get that dang message when calling it. Whereas the many, many times suspending other accounts via lost/stolen voicemail works normally?!!

HI @darlicious 

I think you mentioned the "glitch" too many times.  PM finally close the loophole with your help.   LoL

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hollinger 

To reset all of your call forwarding to default (voicemail) dial ##004#.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Lol...oh I get it now....dang it! No my problem stems from suspending my $10 50/50 plan (while my CCTS complaint winds its way through the process) for the first time ever and I get that dang message when calling it. Whereas the many, many times suspending other accounts via lost/stolen voicemail works normally?!!

@darlicious wrote:

But how do you "click" decline?

HI@darlicious   when incoming calls come, you can click the Check mark to accept the call or X to reject/decline it, isn't it?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hollinger 

Yes please do that and tell me if it works? Even still your question answers my question that I have been trying to figure out for a couple of weeks now? But how do you "click" decline?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Hollinger 

Go to this page and pick a VM number in your area (same area code)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

then try to set the Forward No reply again

Dial ‘*61*’ + ten-digit phone number + ‘#’ + SEND

see if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.