cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE is now working!

Fred54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I noticed a few days ago that the VoLTE icon on my phone is now lit, it really seems to be the right feature, I can go in the setting to enable/disable and it toggles fine, I made a call and it worked.

So it seems VoLTE is being phased on, can anyone confirm?

105 REPLIES 105

I think I see the option Use VolTE is possible now, but I don't know if VoLTE is actually being used.  My Status bar does not show the network type currently using...

update: Pretty sure it is not VoLTE yet, I see the signal bars dropped from 5 to 3 , then change it back to 5 after the call ends 

@Fred54 wrote:

When I got my phone almost a year ago, I noticed VoLTE was not in my settings menu, because PM does not provides it I think. I had to enable it (dialing a special code) to force the menu on/off but it has never did anything. It's only this last Friday IIRC that I noticed it. I forced enable VoWiFi but it does not use wifi for calling.

I also have a Umidigi A13 pro which has a VoLTE menu setting.  Turning that on does not do anything.  There is no difference whether the setting is on or off, the notification menu does not show any VoLTE.  The mobile network definitely drops to 3G during a call.  

Fred54

I didn't pay attention, also the other person was not using VoLTE on his phone, I noticed on the dialer there is a little HD logo left of the time counter, don't remember if it was there before.

@Patchio wrote:

@Fred54 

You mentioned that you made a call using VoLTE and it worked fine. So was the audio quality of the call a noticeable improvement over a call made using the 3G network that is slowly but surely being decommissioned?

Or was that something you didn’t pay any attention to?

High quality HD voice has been available for some calls on the 3g network for several years.  I believe that most customers will not notice a large difference on LTE other than the calls connecting faster.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Fred54 

You mentioned that you made a call using VoLTE and it worked fine. So was the audio quality of the call a noticeable improvement over a call made using the 3G network that is slowly but surely being decommissioned?

Or was that something you didn’t pay any attention to?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I have a US service. VoLTE and VoWiFi options showed up. I turned them on of course. I went into airplane mode and turned on wifi and it didn't call giving the obvious error.

But volte works.

The volte option is not there for the Public sim. Iirc the vowifi option disappears when I remove the US sim.

Adding - update: I was able to get the provider to enable vowifi and it works

Fred54

When I got my phone almost a year ago, I noticed VoLTE was not in my settings menu, because PM does not provides it I think. I had to enable it (dialing a special code) to force the menu on/off but it has never did anything. It's only this last Friday IIRC that I noticed it. I forced enable VoWiFi but it does not use wifi for calling.

@will13am wrote:

@Fred54 wrote:

I have a PoCo F3, I should try my Nokia 6.1 I know I had VoLTE with it!

Screenshot_2023-03-07-08-25-04-898_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

It looks like the Chinese branded phones have specific VoLTE notification.  On my pixel, I don't even have a separate setting in the menus to turn VoLTE on or off.  There is only a setting for preferred network type.  By chance do you know if you had done something special to enable this?  Maybe this is a generic rollout and you are at the front of the line.  

I also have no VoLTE settings on my device that I could try.  With this screenshot, I can only imagine that customers might start wanting the feature now. I imagine that Public Mobile won't say something about this until they're ready.

@Fred54 wrote:

It looks like the Chinese branded phones have specific VoLTE notification.  On my pixel, I don't even have a separate setting in the menus to turn VoLTE on or off.  There is only a setting for preferred network type.  By chance do you know if you had done something special to enable this?  Maybe this is a generic rollout and you are at the front of the line.  

Fred54

I'm in Québec, great Montreal area.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fred54 thats really great news what area of the country are you in? I would imagine it will take awhile to roll out across the country 

Fred54

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Fred54 

well, this would be tremendous news and a long time coming. Thanks for sharing!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Fred54 , what phone do you have?  Have you done anything out of the ordinary that might have triggered VoLTE.  Anyway this is good news.

Need Help? Let's chat.