cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Additional Phones

Talnoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there,

I know that the VoLTE rollout is ongoing but I'm curious if OnePlus phones, or other brands like Nothing, or Asus, etc are going to be enabled for VoLTE or if we'll have to stick only to the models listed in the FAQ?

I'm considering getting the Moto Edge 2022, but also eyeing the Zenfone 9, which is a great device and supports VoLTE, but not officially on the list. My current OnePlus 7T supports it, but it can't be enabled currently either.

What's the plan going forward? I generally like to keep my phones for a while, and if I'm buying something new, I want to be able to use it past the December 2025 cutoff.

4 REPLIES 4

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Talnoy there are plenty of forum posts on the Internet of carriers being particularly "hostile" towards OnePlus devices and VoLTE enablement.  the TLDR being many OnePlus users have had to go to extreme technical hacking lengths in order to make it work.  With that in mind, my advise would be to avoid OnePlus for use in Canada.

As for Asus, they have some great products, but again, you are likely going to run up against more friction with the Canadian carriers and getting things working or supported.

Moto/Lenovo has some good value handsets and many of the carriers in Canada sell them, so there is a better chance of "success" with those.  Here is the list of Moto devices on the Koodo prepaid/postpaid VoLTE list: 

(the right column being IMEI)

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/volte-koodo-prepaid

Moto_volte_koodo.jpg

In terms of Android, Pixel and Samsung devices will likely have the best chance of success/support followed by models the carriers sell. No guarantees either way. 😁

Also check out and subscribe to this VoLTE compatibility thread by @softech :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/VoLTE-Phone-Compatibility-Community-membe...

farmbot

I will soon see if Telus enables VoLTE on these obscure phones.

lol

Seriously the newest  IMEI # on these phones probably has certification for Canadian networks????

My thoughts.

Soon I see if these phones are a brick relegated to ipod status if publicmobile not allow on network. ie wifi only

Bought a moto G Pure from online store as failsafe phone backstop

😊

@farmbot- Which is ludicrous to me. How is it that obscure Chinese brands can be accepted that have never been sold by Telus but my market dominating, multi-national company Samsung is not, even though I know it can from a different provider.

Let alone that Telus should not be selling ZTE phones.

farmbot

The list is meaningless.

VoLTE is not enabled on my account yet.

I entered my IMEI# for my Blackview and Ulefone.

Both as verified by Telus checker.

Once VoLTE enabled i will get back to community.

VoLTE (Voice over LTE) | TELUS Support

VoLTE (Voice over LTE) | TELUS Support

Need Help? Let's chat.