cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visitors

Dennis2109
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We are getting some visitors from Holland over this summer for my son's wedding :-). They hope to stay for a month and asked me for a sim-card with a plan for just one month. I told them I will inquire with PM since I'm there too. Will it be possible to obtain a sim card, register it and add a plan which will not be renewed after one month? Or do I always have to add my credit card and then it will renew automatically every month? 

8 REPLIES 8

Dennis2109

Thank you. They have investigated that avenue but it’s a lot more in Holland where the plans are really cheap. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I'm late to the party, but have them check roaming options from their Dutch provider.

In a couple of weeks I'll have a friend over who currently resides in Switzerland, a country that doesn't have cheap plans compared to their neighbours. However, they mentioned that they are able to get a roaming option for Canada and the US, unlimited talk, text and 5G data (I think it might be throttled after 50GB?) for less than the equivalent of CAD40/month... About half of what the same features would cost here, if we are comparing as close as possible to apples and apples. Of course if they only need basic minutes and texts, then $15 is a better deal.

Dennis2109

Thank you so much. It’s all clear now. 

Dennis2109

Thanks 

Dennis2109

Thanks. Nice and easy

smp999

PM used to only accept Cdn CreditCards, I don't know if that is still the case, but just to make you aware. In the meantime, get the SIMs ahead of time.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dennis2109  Yes just activate sim on plan you want and then log in and turn off auto pay like this 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1686079547257.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dennis2109 you can use your card to help Activation and then disable auto renewal after

You can also buy Prepaid Visa and activate

9r you can buy vouchers from SDM/711/Shell/London Drug and activate but you will need support to help to activate with vouchers 

Need Help? Let's chat.