cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa payment

Michelle36
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My monthly plan of $35.99 is taken from debit account automatically and I see a charge on my Visa for $45.20 this month as well. Why?

18 REPLIES 18

@Michelle36  Is your plan still the same as you thought it was , is it possible you changed plans in the middle of you current cycle as @HALIMACS  wondered 

@Michelle36 I am a bit worry someone used your card.  PM system cannot store 2 cards and won't be charging you from 2 different cards

Please open ticket with PM support, provide them screenshots from the debit and credit cards and have them further investigate 

Michelle36

It is Public Mobile 

Michelle36

No

@Michelle36 any chance you or your family use your card to buy a simple shell phone for $39+tax??

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/phone-section/zte-cymbal-2

@Michelle36 check the merchant's name on the account.amd let us know

Michelle36

No its just me on the account. I have only given my debit account and not Visa that's why I'm confused

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle36 - you have two payment cards with charges on them, but only one public mobile account, is that correct?

Are you sure your Visa was not given at one point for an activation or used to pay another public mobile account? I cannot see how else public mobile could have your Visa information otherwise.

@HALIMACS  Good point @Michelle36  check see if you have same plan you think you should have 

Try  again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675209361363.png

For most up to date account info

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle36 

did you used to have an account with Koodo or Telus ? If so, did you cancel autopay there before you came to PM ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible you may have performed a plan change midcycle, or, did someone reply “yes” to a promotional offer a few weeks ago to upgrade the plan?

There was a $40 (+ tax) offering which only required to reply yes, and it would occur on the next renewal.

To confirm, @Michelle36 , log onto your self -serve and look at your plan details. 

@Michelle36 you can certainly open ticket with PM and check, but I think you should confirm if they are both coming from PM first. 

Both transactions use Public Mobile as the merchant name?

@Michelle36  You may want check with support what’s going on then 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Michelle36 you meant from different cards?  It won't.  PM system can only store one card  a time,  unless you have made a change t he card on file earlier

What is the merchant name on those transactions?  do you have another family member using PM or Telus or Koodo? do you have other services with Telus or Koodo?  I don't think both charges come from the same PM account 

Michelle36

No this Visa charge is separate from my monthly billing which is automatically debited from my account 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle36  Also check self serve see if you have a credit in available fund for the difference 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle36  Is one charge pending and the other not chances are the pending charge will drop off 

Need Help? Let's chat.