cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Data

aubreygodman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting 0.37 mbps download.  My data is set to LTE.  I'm not sure which plan I have but it's over $40 a month.  

I knew my phone was slow but my friend said it should be way faster.  I have been over paying for slow data for years now, not happy at all.  Why is this so slow?

I have an iphone now but it was slow with my Samsung as well.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm very close to cancelling this service, it's very frustrating.  

33 REPLIES 33

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@aubreygodman - what model do you have? Is it a North American version?

Have you restarted your phone lately, if not do that.

Also try to Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @aubreygodman   was it working well before and just slow down recently?

did you try speed test in different location?  if could be just in your particular area

if you tried it in different places, and since you tried no different phones, I would submit a ticket with CS agent and ask them to further investigate

Please submit ticket at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aubreygodman what is your signal strength on the phone?  You do need check your plan as PM used to just have 3g service and yes it was slow.  They came out with 4g LTE plans last year so you could upgrade and maybe even get more data.  There is a $40/15gb plan currently so check what your current plan is.

Need Help? Let's chat.