cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification code sent to wrong phone number

tobiaslr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I am trying to activate my new account, but when logging in, I need to confirm my identity via a varification code that I never receive. By seeing the last 3 digits of the phone number it is sending the verification code to, it also seems to be a different number than the one that I've just chosen for my new sim card. 

Anyone had similar issues, or knows how to make it send the code to my actual number or my email instead? I also cannot submit a ticket as that will ask me for the same verification

6 REPLIES 6

StuT

Thanks for the reply, the last communication was 6 days ago, providing me my ticket number and claiming to be working on it. I just sent another follow-up.

HI @StuT 

did you check your Community inbox?  Agent replies there.  Please check the envelope icon on the top right

But it is too long now anyway, so, please message support for help again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

StuT

I'm having the exact same issue, I have an open ticket with IT. No response or action for over a week. Did you ever end up getting this resolved?

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech wrote:

@tobiaslr 

If you have the correct email setup, you can try to ask to send the code to your email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Then once you login, check if the phone number is correct

If not, then you will have to open ticket with support and find out why

BTW, your phone service is working?

This will only work if he already created the EverSafe ID, if he did not then there's no way around it - it'll never give you the EMAIL verify option. I've been going back and forth with CS over this and they've offered zero resolution. 

Right now if you don't have a EverSafe ID created and you can't access the OTP code sent to your phone you are locked out. 

tobiaslr

Hey thanks for your reply. I dont see any options of receiving it as an email or voice. Clicking the "resend code" only sends another code to the same wrong number.

Also I dont seem to have any phone service yet, no. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tobiaslr 

If you have the correct email setup, you can try to ask to send the code to your email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Then once you login, check if the phone number is correct

If not, then you will have to open ticket with support and find out why

BTW, your phone service is working?

Need Help? Let's chat.