cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User name recovery

ianburden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why don't you allow retrieval of username?  You say you do, but the emails you send only offer a password change, which is no **bleep** use without a user name.  I have re-registered under a new user name, but that should not be necessary.

5 REPLIES 5

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@ianburden 

If you can recieve the password reset for your other community account then search your email for any emails from the community that will be addressed to your username. Type the username in along with the password otherwise it returns an error if you use autofil when logging into the community.

@ianburden   If you're using your real name for the Community forum, then ask customer support to change it to just the first part of your name or something more generic altogether as this forum is open to anyone with internet access.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @ianburden if you need My Account, try tonreset password by putting your email

if unable to reset, submit ticket with CS agent 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ianburden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I mean the Community Forum username.  The forum will not allow my email address.  My current username is indeed ianburden but that is new.  As I said, I had to re-register in desperation.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ianburden 

the username is simply your email address.

ed..

or did you mean Community Forum username ? yours is currently ianburden

Need Help? Let's chat.