cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming gone from $60 plan?

BenKayfetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So we are planning our first trip to the US since the pandemic started. I just logged in to my 2 (two) PM accounts and I don't see the word "roaming" in the plan details. We have been overpaying on our plan for over 2 years ($10/m 2 lines = $20/m * 24 months = $480) to ensure we would have the roaming service when we eventually travel. Did PM remove the roaming service from this plan without notice? And when?

My plan details from last time I checked:

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of data at 3G speed (Canada-Wide)
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Canada-US talk
  • Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • 2 GB of US Roam Data
  • Voicemail and Call Display

and now it just says:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
20 REPLIES 20

BenKayfetz

Okay, so after 9 hours and a dozen+ messages with CS I finally got a CSagent that gave me this answer:

Hello Ben,

My aplogies, it seems that the rateplan do not have the feature specified in the details, in our back-end, but the feature is present on both. I can thus confirm that both lines have the following:
8 GB of data at 3G speed (Canada-Wide)4
Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
Unlimited Canada-US talk
Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging3
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
2 GB of US Roam Data
Voicemail and Call Display

Tony

@BenKayfetz 

I have a different plan. However, I do know that the details have long made no mention of roaming in My Account.  I can assure you that it's still included.

BenKayfetz

@computergeek541 do you have the same $60/8.5 plan as me? Have you been to the US in the last short while? Thanks!

No change has occured to this plan.  Even a few years ago, the roaming wasn't listed in the plan details in My Account.  Those details are purely cosmetic and could really say anything.  As for the details of the plan, there has never been a $60 plan with 8.5GB of data to use in Canada that didn't also have U.S. roaming included.  As for the response from the CSA, the answer provided to the customer is inaccurate/incomplete.

You could turn on roaming data anytime. There are no surprise charges here. I suggest turning off automatic networks and just sticking to a manual connection to T-Mobile when you get there. There may be different coverages by the two roaming partners but AT&T may not function. And it may.

BenKayfetz

All signs are pointing to the fact that I'll bee good when the plane touches down in the USA. But it would be nice to have some official confirmation. I'd hate to be scrambling with my wife and two young kids then. But mostly I'm concerned because I've paid close to $500 extra to PM juts to maintain this plan. 

Looking back I see you've had this question a few times. One reply I thought was indicative was that there was never an 8.5GB plan at $60. The only one of that quantity at that price was this roaming plan. Maybe that's helpful for you if true.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BenKayfetz     I think couple of other customers have also posted recently regarding not seeing the details of the US roaming being clear in the plan details/my add-ons for that discontinued plan.  

TBH I have no idea why PM chose to change the summary/details as from your before summary details everything is perfectly clear about the roaming options being part of your plan unlike the more recent summary which is certainly missing that clarity.

However, I agree with others that you would still have access to the roaming data/mins as long as you didn't change your plan.

As to responses you might be getting from some CSA's, I'm sure quite sure a few of them are probably unaware that PM actually offered that snowbird plan and are going by the current line up of PM's offerings.  If you need to offer further info regarding that plan, you can use the link for that plan when it was introduced for a short period of time. 

Here's link if you need it:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Updated-Get-8-5-GB-at-3G-speed-2-GB-of-...

I'm going to say that that description is specific to the roaming plan. If someone else has an image of the top plans plan details then we could confirm that. I would be confident that you still have that great short-lived plan for snowbirders. They don't just change plans around here without notice.

Yeah can be a little frustrating as you may to have a bit of back and forth to actually get your question/issue addressed.. As they start with cookie cutter response that don't even go over the whole reason you opened the ticket in the first place.. Sometimes it feels like you are asking a politician a question lol

BenKayfetz

@dust2dust

Is says "Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US"

Do they mean to say: Unlimited Talk IN Canada and the US

If so, it's still not clear...

PMMyplan now.JPG

That's exactly right. It would seem you have the roaming data. Then do the same when you click on that plan details link.

BenKayfetz

@dust2dust  I think the "2GB at 3G Speed" may indicate the data roaming allowance/usage... But it is not clear. Also, there is no mention of talk/text roaming.

plan.JPG

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Please give an image of your overview page and also the plan details page. The descriptions aren't very good but some here can tell the difference. Don't include any identifiable information.

@BenKayfetz   you might want to tell them you joined the snowbird plan back in 2019 and it was part of the plan

Also, maybe Community Manager @J_PM clarify the situation.

@J_PM   can you confirm if the Snowbird $60 plan offered back in 2019 no longer has the roaming portion on it anymore?  Maybe it is just a system glitch?  We have a customer here who have been paying extra for the service and found out it is no longer showing up on his Plan Details today.  He was planning to use the roaming service, supposed to be included in the plan,  when he heads to US.

BenKayfetz

@softech 

here is what I have so far:

Ben:

So we are planning our first trip to the US since the pandemic started. I just logged in to my two accounts  and I don't see the word "roaming" in the plan details. We have been overpaying on our plan for over 2 years ($10/m 2 lines = $20/m * 24 months = $480) to ensure we would have the roaming service when we eventually travel. Did you remove the roaming service without notice?

PM:

Dear Ben

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile. My name is Jorge

It is my pleasure to assist you

These are the features included in your plan

Plans Name Fee

Membership 30-day plan $ 10.00

Data: 8.5GB at 3G Speed $ 50.00

Voice: Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US $ 0.00

SMS: Unlimited International Text $ 0.00

Sincerely,

Jorge_M

Public Mobile Customer Support Agent

Ben:

What to the roaming? the last time I checked the $60 plan included:

Plan Details:

30-day plan
8 GB of data at 3G speed (Canada-Wide)
Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
Unlimited Canada-US talk
Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
2 GB of US Roam Data
Voicemail and Call Display

@BenKayfetz  open a ticket with PM and get it clarified first.  Maybe it is there and just the details not showing.  There are glitch in the portal everywhere  🙂

BenKayfetz

@Yummy That is what I was told about 18 to 24  months ago. When we were not going to the US I wanted to reduce my plan and then later go back to it to get the roaming. PM made it clear that if I change my plan I wouldn't be able to get the roaming back. And now it seems they took it away without notice anyway. That's $500 in the garbage.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BenKayfetz   did you sign up for the snowbird plan back in 2019?

I would open a ticket with PM Support and get it to the bottom of it.  Hope it just missed from the Plan details but still there.  Don't wait, open ticket with them to confirm, and please kindly come back and let us know their answer.  We would like to know too

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you are on old - grandfathered plan, everything you signed up should stay until you change plan!

Current PM plans do not provide US roaming anymore.

Need Help? Let's chat.