cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Need help from a moderator to port from freedom to pm

crickyfan2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been trying to activate my new pm sim and port from freedom. But while activating, when entering the alternate phone number, it says "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help". I looked up for solutions in the community page and tried different combinations and permutations including limiting characters in name, tried 4 different browsers including ms word and safari but none of them seem to work. I was fed up with freedom over their network and was feeling happy that public mobile had this offer. But this hasn't been a great start and I really hope the network also doesn't have issues like this. Can a moderator please help me to activate the sim and port the number? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

While awaiting (may be two days) the moderators try this: activate a new PM account (90 day prov calling, global text, 6 GB data) with any phone number and once it's active port-in your Freedom number and request the promo. Gory details follow if you need them.

During activation bear the following in mind: 

• clear your browser’s cache/cookies and restart your computer
  • use a different browser, or private/incognito mode
  • turn off any popup/ad blocker
  • no punctuation signs, commas, apostrophes, dashes in the activation form
  • pay attention to any field length limits, and if you have a long name(s) enter short ones; do not enter middle names
  • be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces
  • choose any valid Canadian number that is not your own as “Alternate”

Once the account is performing properly, login to your account and click Change Number under Plans and Add-ons. There you will be offered the option to transfer a number. Do that keeing in mind some "lessons" we have learned:

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request. The DBC part listed in a Freedom account is considered part of Freedom Mobile account number. Perhaps just copy and past while logged into your old account?

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

Assuming all that works, send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation, including a request to honour the Freedom promo.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had this on one port too, I used Edge with InPrivate mode to get past it.

If that doesn't work, send a private message to a moderator and make sure it includes your phone #, sim # and email address as well as the error you are getting. Good luck! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.