cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading images using firefox

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

I am currently using Firefox to access my community account and I have 2 usage issues that I can't seem to solve. Can they be fixed or do others have the same problem?

1. I cannot upload images. I have to first change from portrait mode to landscape mode to get the camera/photo icon to appear. Once I click on it instead of being redirected to the community image upload screen it goes to my tablets upload screen which fails to upload (for obvious reasons.)
  2. When typing a private message I cannot see what I am typing until a word completes or I choose the word from the top line of my keyboard. I can't find any setting that would change this?

Any help or suggestions to fix this other than using a different browser? Thx.

7 REPLIES 7

@maximum_gato wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Thanks. If I can't find a fix I will check that out.

@maximum_gato , I got rid of Firefox when I found this one. I hope you can fix it.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

Thanks. If I can't find a fix I will check that out.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato wrote:

I am currently using Firefox to access my community account and I have 2 usage issues that I can't seem to solve. Can they be fixed or do others have the same problem?

1. I cannot upload images. I have to first change from portrait mode to landscape mode to get the camera/photo icon to appear. Once I click on it instead of being redirected to the community image upload screen it goes to my tablets upload screen which fails to upload (for obvious reasons.)
  2. When typing a private message I cannot see what I am typing until a word completes or I choose the word from the top line of my keyboard. I can't find any setting that would change this?

Any help or suggestions to fix this other than using a different browser? Thx.

@maximum_gato , I use DuckDuckGo which I have no issues with. I don’t use Firefox. Sorry I’m no help 🤣

Edit: To add using on iPad.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

So you have no issues uploading images?

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite  Android 13

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@maximum_gato 

I am using Windows 10 Firefox to post messages on this forum without any issue.  I do not like typing on touch screen.

Which tablet are you using on this forum?

The members using a tablet on this community may help to solve your issue.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I can't use Edge. No problem with chrome. I never had this problem previously with Firefox.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@maximum_gato   i am no firefox person   Wonder if you get the same problem with Chrome and Edge?

Need Help? Let's chat.